Fondness for an Ancient Warrior Part 8

Illyana could not believe her good fortune, or perhaps bad, depending on one's religious beliefs. The man who had intrigued her enough to get her to agree to go out with him was, in fact, an honest-to-goodness vampire. Not the nasty kind she was used to watching in films or on TV, the kind that started off enticing enough, but later became something more grotesque than attractive. He was the handsome, educated, cultured, wealthy, sporty kind of vampire she never guessed truly existed. In spite of his preternatural nature, Caius, she discovered, was someone she could love. She was being offered the immortal life, having no choice of her own in the decision. It was that or death. His "brother" Aro would happily see her changed, but he would just as happily see her dead, and probably by his own hand.

Aro seemed a pleasant enough man when she had visited with him, but Illyana saw something darker in his crimson eyes. Did he find her rebellious nature incompatible with his rule? She assumed disobedience was something he wouldn't tolerate, from anyone. Her curiosity wanted to test Aro on that, but she didn't want to hurt Caius, should Aro decide to punish her.

Nevertheless, Illyana was in a playful mood and came up with an idea to upset Aro. "Caius, what if I buy brown contact lenses before you change me, and once the transformation is complete, we go to Volterra where you tell Aro I refuse to be changed. I want to remain human instead. Or better yet, what if you don't turn me, and i can buy some red contact lenses and pretend you've changed me." Her eyes were strangely unfocused, and she had swallowed hard when she said the word 'pretend'.

"Aro doesn't take to jokes very well. Are you that eager to die, Illyana?" Caius asked with a half-smile on his face.

"I can't die once I'm a vampire...can I?" Illyana looked at Caius, her eyes questioning him with a tilt of her head.

"Actually, we can die a final death. There is much I will need to teach you. Our laws, for example. They cannot be written down, therefore it's a matter of explaining them orally."

"Orally?" She gazed at Caius, her tip of her tongue running under her front teeth.

"Where is this strange behavior coming from?" he asked, his arms drawing Illyana toward him.

She nuzzled his neck, inhaling deeply. "It must be your scent. It's so intoxicating to me at times. Maybe it affects me differently depending on my monthly cycle."

"And how would that compel you to come up with ways to annoy Aro?"

"Oh, that's just for kicks and giggles." Illyana kissed Caius, her murmurs of pleasure inspiring him. She pressed herself up against the vampire, moving as if she were slow dancing with him. He finally got the message and began to move with her, his body a match to hers in pressure and direction.

When Illyana felt his body respond to her in a more tangible way, she took his hand and led him to the bedroom. She made him sit on the bed while she did a slow strip tease for him.

It didn't take much more than that to get Caius compliant to her needs. He pulled Illyana's naked body to him, then pressed his face to her bare torso, his arms wrapped around her. Her aroused scent was a stimulant to him, while her whimpers let him know how much his touch excited her. He did have to wonder though, why was she acting so strangely.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Illyana walked down the corridor in the Volturi castle, the one that led to Caius' room, but she seemed lost. No matter which direction she turned, she couldn't find his rooms. This place was far too large, and she needed a map just to get around. Before long, she found herself walking through the open doors of the throne room. Aro was quite excited, his red eyes wide, his smile broad. He held his hands together, fingers of the top hand curled over the bottom hand. "They're coming. They will be here soon, my dear. Be ready."