Chapter 5: Daring Escape/Ghosted

"Your.. girlfriend..?"

Those two words.

Your girlfriend.

Tsukasa has a girlfriend.

Of course he does, he's amazing, selfless, and breath-taking. He's a triple threat! It's to be expected. How wouldn't he have a girlfriend? 

And of course he wasn't gay. Of course Rui's crush would forever be out of reach. Its funny, really. How could he ever expect the great Tsukasa Tenma, Future World Star, to reciprocate his feelings?

Tsukasa was coming up. Rui heard him. He quickly put the note back in a rush to not get caught, then--

Thud.

Shit. He crashed into the bed while trying to get up. Tsukasa heard that for sure. He got up hastily. He didn't need to worry about the other boy seeing his legs, because he was wearing jeans. At a sleepover. What a monster.

"Hey, I heard a noise-- did you get an injury because we cannot have that in my fabulous house!!" Tsukasa came in.

Rui was quick to reply, "yep, I am fine! Also, I think I have to go."

"So soon? Well, if you must."

Rui walked out, trying not to make his limp so obvious. He had taken a hard blow to the leg. As soon as he got out the house, that boy was running. He didn't care anymore. He just wanted to get home, in the comfort of his bed, maybe wear some pajamas. I hope. 

He arrived, short of breath from all his running. Since Rui's parents were out of town--as they often were--He didn't need to worry about getting in trouble for anything, though he didn't quite have a reason to be in trouble. The director went up to his room, feeling a mixture of self pity and loneliness. A strange feeling. Rui usually has confidence. Confidence in his creations. Confidence in his personality. He wasn't even ashamed of his "weird" label everyone called him. Why lose that confidence now? He tried telling himself not to be so down. No use. He was tired and sad, you best believe that boy wanted to sleep, so that's exactly what he did. Still with jeans on may I add. 

When he woke up, it was 11:23 AM. Its fine though, it was Saturday after all. He went on his phone to see one short text from Tsukasa. Why only one you may ask? Well, the blonde was going back and forth whether to text Rui, since he wanted to check up on him, but he also didn't want to bother him. In the end, he just decided to shoot him one quick text. It read, "hey how are you? just wanted to see how your doing since what happened yesterday.." Rui didn't answer. He wanted to, but needed a break from Tsukasa.

"A break" turned into full-on ghosting. Not responding or shooting any texts on his own, minimal talking while trying to keep Nene's suspicions low during performances and training, ignoring him after school, all that good stuff. He just really wanted to be left alone. Did Rui feel bad? Yes, but he couldn't stand talking to Tsukasa in fear he might just break down and confess everything. Soon enough, Nene and even Emu got worried. You can just imagine how awful Tsukasa felt.