Prologue

I'm coming home this weekend, just saying. Maybe there is a chance to go to the same colleges, Chishiya. Mom is planning something, I wrote. It was nonsense, but could you blame me?

I tried not to look at the last messages. I wrote to him, all without an answer. Maybe this time.... Maybe this time I will have luck, I thought. I hated myself for still wanting him, after he left me when I needed him. I sighed, putting the phone back in my pockets.

"Mom, I'm home", I said, opening the door. Leaving my backpack near it, I heard someone crying softly.

"Mom?"

Careful, I went to the living room.

Mom was laying on the floor in a pool of blood. The knife was still in her chest.

"Y/n......", she whispered, "you must call the ambulance, please...."

Shocked, I kneeled next to her.

"Father did this, didn't he? Because of the stolen money". The words were full of hate, it didn't even sounded like my voice at all.

Mom nodded, but her movements were slowed by the pain.

"The ambulance...", but I didn't hear the rest of the sentence. My eyes stopped at the knife. Did she really wanted to live? In this shitty world?

Without thinking I pulled the sleeve of my hoodie in such a way as to cover my palm. Than I touched the knife. It gave me so much power....

"Y/n.... Please...."

"I will call the ambulance...", I whispered, my fingers underneath the sleeve still touching the knife. I couldn't look at her. "After I remove this knife."

"You're going to kill me!", she said, crying.

"Kill you? No, I'm saving you!", I replied, finally looking in her eyes. She looked so beautiful crying... Like an angel.

"You know", I continued, trying to smile, "I did learn something in that school for trouble teenagers. This world doesn't deserve good people. This world doesn't deserve a second chance. I'm helping you escape... Find a better world, you will, right? A world where you can be truly happy.

"Then come with me y/n, please",mom begged, her voice almost breaking, her eyes hypnotising me to let go from this world. But I knew I couldn't. Not while there was still something to see.

"You don't need me"

Before she could answer I removed the knife. I felt a warm tear on my cheek.

Standing up, I closed her eyes. This was the right choice, wasn't it?

Calling the ambulance, I told them what happened, but than I heard steps on the stairs. Dad.

The knife was still in my hands, I was still speaking with the woman from the hospital. This is going to be the end, dad.

"My dad's dead too", I said to the woman. "I think he commited suicide after killing mom."

"Poor you... Will send an ambulance, just wait, it will be alright."

There's no turning back now, I thought.

"With who were you speaking?", I heard dad ask. He was drunk again. And behind me.

In one movement I turned my face towards him and shoved the knife in his chest.

"You killed mom", I whispered in his ear.

Kneeling, he started laughing.

"Oh, and now you're killing me? You're going to go to jail because of me!"

His laughter was horrifying.

"But I won't. See?", I said, showing him my palm covered by the sleeve. "My fingerprints aren't on the knife. They will think you committed suicide, because you felt sorry for killing mom."

Now it was my turn to laugh. Finally my turn to win. Oh, it felt so good.

"You really are my daughter", he said coughing with blood. He was still smiling, and something in his eyes made me nervous.

"That's all you can say? After destroying my life? After you abused me?!"

Why? Why?! Why couldn't I be the winner, just on time?! Why always him? Him, who now struggled to breathe?

"That's all."

"Than I'm not sorry", I said, almost spitting out the words.

I removed the knife from his chest. Then I pulled out his eyes. It felt like I was doing this since I was born. It's so easy to take a life, I thought, leaving the weapon in dad's hand.