6

Chishiya had led me into one of the hotels room, saying he'll be near if I needed anything. I appreciated the fact that he left me alone, even if just for a little time. I lay in bed with my head in a pillow, as I usually did when my father beated me. But this time he wasn't there anymore.

I stand like this for a while, trying not to think at anything specific, until Chishiya opened the door.

"I brought you some tea, y/n. "Were you sleeping?" he added when he noticed my weird posture.

"No, just.. Doesn't matter. They have food too?," I asked, changing my position so I could take the tea cup.

"Yeah, and it's quite good"

"You ate?!," I couldn't hide my surprise. How much time had passed since the meeting with Hatter?

"No, y/n, I tasted the food to see if there's poison in it. Of course I ate."
Chishiya's serious expression was now gone. His eyes were full of life, and his smile warmed me on the inside.

"You brought me tea when there was food? Disappointing." I was holding my laugh as I saw Chishiya's offended mine.

"Don't complain about the tea. Guess I just forgot how hungry you can be," he said.

"Well, good thing you remembered."
Chishiya chuckled at my joke, but he looked absent in my eyes. Finally, he sat down next to me in the bed, tho, at an acceptable distance, then he spoke:

"We should steal the cards."

"Why would we?" I preferred the conversation about food.

"You want Hatter to be the first one to return? I mean, we can be executive members, but it wouldn't be enough."

"I don't care, to be honest. I like this world."

"You tell me you don't even want to try to return? You wanna die in a game, forgotten?"

"Well, I thought you wouldn't forget me, but if you put it so, yes." I was starting to loose my patience.

"We'll steal the cards, and you'll be the first one to return."

"Me? What happened to you, Chishiya? What happened to the 'I only care about myself' boy?

"He felt in love." I could see it in his face that he didn't want to say this, it just happened it came from his mouth, he even looked surprised of his own words.

"Unlucky him then."

"Come on, y/n.."

"I'll help you only if we play the game today. I can't promise I'll want to use the cards, but it seems like you can't do anything without me."

"We still have days on our visas."

"You know what, just leave. We'll talk about this later." I couldn't keep this conversation anymore, not without starting a massive fight. This behaviour, I wasn't used to see him like this.

"You only like it in here because back there you experienced a little pain, I get that, but this world isn't pink either." Chishiya tried to touch my hand, but I stopped him.

"Don't you dare talk about my 'little pain', when you weren't even there."

"Fine." He approached the door, he didn't even try to hide his bother. "Just promise me you'll not play a game today, that's all I ask."

"I promise," I said, watching him leave. But deep inside me, I knew I'll never keep this promise.

I waited till I heard Chishiya closing his door. Then, leaving the room, I let myself be carried away by the crowd of people that was heading to the place where Hatter stood. His speech was full of beautiful lies and promises, and the fact that everybody believed his positive thoughts made me almost throw away. I tried to avoid the executive members, especially Niragi. It was almost a pleasant thought that Chishiya wasn't with me. This game will be mine.

I choosed the car that was almost empty. This will be my escape. My chance to destroy the past.

We didn't even arrived at the game location, tho my heart was already feeling like on a roller-coaster.