Chapter 4

Keith's pov

One year later.

If there was a word I could use to describe myself, perfect would have been the last word I would have thought of. Actually my life was not even a little close to it. Sure everybody who knew me either personally or through the tabloids only saw the rich, successful, powerful American Asian that I am but not alot of people knew me for me.

At the end of the day I'm just the Asian kid whose parents immigrated to the states to give their unborn child a better life,and their child ended up becoming something.

We were never rich but my parents always ensured that my brother and I always had everything we ever wanted. At the same time they wanted us to be independent and so by the time I was sixteen I already had my first job but my parents ensured that I saved all that money. They said that it was their work to provide for us but also make us independent and so they provided us with everything we wanted.

Therefore all the money that I earned all throughout high school and university plus a loan that I took from the bank is what I used as my capital to start my business when I turned 21. I don't know how my business blew up within a year and a half and before I knew it, I had gone international. Now at the age of 24 I am successful business man who was in the top 30 under 30 forbes last year.

I am not a player or that much into the hookup culture much to the medias' surprise. Other than the one who shall not be mentioned I have never been in a relationship and after her I couldn't just get over it especially with the abortion and so I started therapy much to my family's dismay.

I had just wrapped up my meeting with a company that i was interested in acquiring when my phone rang.
Surprise surprise my brother was calling. He was my favorite person in the world
and he was in his senior year of high school.

What?

Is that how you answer your brother's phonecall?. He asked in a playful tone.

You know I could just call mum and lie to her that you have started drinking again just for the sake of it? He says while laughing and I know he can because he has done that before just to mess up with me just for fun.

I will just have to deny you of what you have called to ask for. Because I know he wouldn't have called me for nothing all of a sudden in the middle of the week.

Don't be a boring brother you know that you are my favorite brother. Did I tell you that he is also a sweet talker?. If not then there it is, he can talk his way out of anything and any problem he might have with any issues.

Says the person with only one brother. Anyways what do you want I'm busy right now because I know you wouldn't call me this early to get on my nerves for no apparent reason.

Just wanted to check up on you. He says as he gives me an innocent smile through the face time and I immediately call it cap.

Ooh really, well I'm good but I will have to hang up in you if you have nothing else to say.

Stop you know that I called to ask for a favor. He becomes serious all of a sudden which is so not like him.

Okay out with it what do you want? I ask him just so that I can go back to what I was doing. With today being a busy day full of meetings every minute is important because I have a therapy appointment in the evening.

Okay I have this concert that I want to attend but mum said I could only go if you drop me off and pick me up after it has ended.

Bro I'm busy man.

But I want to go please. He says while giving me his puppy dog eyes.

When is it starting?
At ten but the gates are opened at seven.

When is it? I ask as I look into my work calendar.

Saturday.

I will be in a business dinner till around nine. Call Niko, he might be free I tell him.

Please Keith he says as he calls me by my American name. Our parents gave us English first names so that we could blend in and Korean names so that we could not forget our culture.

I already did and he said that he will be leaving for New York at four that evening so he won't be able to do so.

Oooh so you called me after you call him, wow what a way to treat your favorite brother. I pick on him.

I knew that you would tell me to call him so I did that in advance. He defends himself.

Okay what if my driver comes to pick you up and take you there and then I will pick you up when the event is over?

I try compromising with him so that we could both accomplish our plans for that day without any problems.

Okay that sounds good. Thank you brother I love you.

Yeah yeah bye. I say as I hung up. Feeling alot lighter after talking to him. But I will never tell him that or I won't live it down

The rest of the day was filled up with meetings and a certain girl that had occupied my mind like nobody's business over the last one year . I can still remember her smile, her hazel eyes that lit up to the simplest of things that had  her interest to what was being said to her aura that was as calming as the sea and so much more. I couldn't wait to meet with her again and get her number. Although that was a huge stretch with how I have never met her after that night.

Thank you guys for clicking on this book I love you so much <3. Don't forget to vote and comment down below. Bye.