A soft hearted snake alone in the woods

Kalopsia the delusion of things being more beautiful than they are.

Seonghwa has been alone in this big mansion since childhood. His parents left him there; he was an outcast. Where he was born there was a curse everyone believed one day would come true. A snake goddess placed a curse that a child with white hair would be born and would doom everyone's life. And that child is Seonghwa. So he grew up in a mansion in a forest. But the thing is, the curse was a blessing. He was raised by a woman until he was five but she soon left because she couldn't take the pressure of living with a snake. She was scared of his eyes whenever he would get frustrated his eyes would look like snakes. Seonghwa educated himself with the help of the books in the mansion learning how to write and talk. He was a snow snake, he wasn't one of a kind but he was still special.

  Now he was traveling through the jungle searching for food, he hoped to find a rabbit or some fruits. But he didn't expect to see a man holding onto a tree trying to keep himself up. Seonghwa could see that he was out of breath and was struggling to stay awake. It was his first encounter with another person he was isolated for 22 years now. He only saw other people through the windows of the mansion. He didn't know if he could trust this person but it didn't stop him from running over to the person right now falling over. He caught him just before he hit the floor. He noticed that the man was looking reddish which was normal since it was winter.  He had shoulder-length brown hair, he was wearing fur. But what surprised him was the seven crystals on his necklace each one had a unique color. He noticed the whitish-blue crystal shining and the fact that it was trying to move toward him shocked him more.  He decided to take the man in his arm to the mansion, he had questions. He took him to the guest room and laid him on the bed.

       He decided to check his temperature, he touched his forehead and it was burning. He took the man's fur he saw a chain on his belt at the end of this chain was a clear crystal it looked like it had the whole stars in it. And next to it, there was a compass which had a crystal-colored turquoise he could see the waves swirling in it. A whine from the man got Seonghwa out of his daydream he reached his hand to the man's head and activated his magic. He tried to make sure that it wasn't that cold. Once he was sure his temperature was down he took his hand away. He decided to get some water for the man on his bed. When he got back he met with a sword and fierce-looking brown eyes. "Who are you and where the hell are we?" the man said pushing the sword toward Seonghwa's neck. "First, calm down and get back in bed your fever will rise again. Secondly, I am Seonghwa and I am the man who saved your ass." Seonghwa answered, is this what he get for saving him a sword at his neck he was pretty sure he can beat this tiny man who was just sick seconds ago. He looked at the man who now looked like analyzing him he was trying to figure out if Seonghwa was telling the truth. Seonghwa notice that the compass was missing now and the whitish crystal was shining more than before. The man noticed this too. He looked shocked at first then he looked at Seonghwa with fierce eyes again but he lowered his sword. Seonghwa was surprised when he saw the beautiful sword turn into a compass with crystal. The man looked at him with soft eyes and reached his hand towards him for a handshake. "I am sorry, thank you for saving me I am Hongjoong." he said. "Nice to meet you. Um...Can I ask you some questions?" Seonghwa asked leading him toward the bed. "Sure you can." he answered with a glint in his eye. "Well why were you in the forest, and why do you have so many crystals, how did your compass turn into a sword and why is that whitish crystal keep shining and moving toward me? " Seonghwa said with a loud sigh. Hongjoong laughed then looked him in the eye and asked "Would you like to join me on my journey?"