Lost in the forest

Atelphobia the fear of not being good enough

                San could smell the blood, he knew he should ignore it but his values told him to check it. So that's why he ran towards where he smelled the blood most.  But he forgot the fact that he was a giant wolf called Amarok. That's why he was standing in front of three armored men and a very injured man trying to get up. San wanted to help them but he can't. He didn't know how to change back, he was used to this form. You see when he was 16 he got so afraid that he changed into his Amarok form he was afraid of being used. San stared at the group in front of him they were lowering their weapons seeing that he wasn't attacking them. He saw the yellow-haired man's eyes go wide when he looked at the long-haired man. San tilted his head he was confused why would a crystal would shine when there wasn't any light. "Cap, nymph crystal..." the yellow-haired man said. San was now more confused "nymph crystal" what was that he wanted to know. "I saw it to Mingi. It seems that our big friend here isn't an animal but I am not sure. Yunho is he human?" the long-haired male said. The injured male looked into his eyes for some time "He is human Hongjoong hyung." he finally said. San sat down on the floor looking at them he can saw the man called Yunho getting paler every second. He wanted to help them he watched the white-haired man go towards the man. San wondered where his weapon disappeared but didn't question it. After watching him for a while he understood that he was trying cool down Yunho, he must have some kind of snow magic. San saw the man called Mingi coming towards him from the corner of his eye. He turned towards him when he called him. "Hi, wolf guy! I am Mingi, a phoenix, that's Hongjoong hyung he is our leader a pirate king. The one with the white hair is Seonghwa hyung he is a snow snake and the injured one is Yunho he is a shapeshifter. Well you see he was getting tortured but now he is free. Look man or woman I don't know which one are you but if you are a nymph please help us I know I am being selfish but he deserves to live free and enjoy life so please help us..." San could sincerity in his eyes he was really worried.            He wanted to help them maybe just maybe they will accept him in their group too. He didn't want to be alone anymore so he pushed everything in his mind away and just focused on being human.  It hurt he could feel his body parts transforming he felt like he is dying. He could feel the pain surging through his body. He couldn't take it it was too much he didn't want to continue but when he looked up he saw the worried faces of the four men he just met. They were worried about him even though they didn't know who he was or where he came from. Maybe his mother was right he might find love again. Now he knew what he needed to do he needed to turn so he did he pushed the pain away and focused on the warm feeling he felt inside of him. For a moment all he could see was black. "Wow" he heard Mingi say. San opened his eyes and suddenly everything was much bigger than normal. He looked down to see hands instead of paws. He got up and went to Yunho's side. "Umm... C-ccan I to-uch you?" San scattered. Who can blame him he hadn't been talking for five years now. He looked at Yunho for a sign that he was okay with him touching. The man in question was looking at the other three for their thoughts after getting a positive sign from them he gave him a nod. That was a green light for San, he placed one of his hands on Yunho's forehead and the other on his stomach where he had the most injuries. San focused on the water around them he lead it to the injuries and started healing them. He could hear Yunho hissing a little but he needed to continue. When he was sure that Yunho will be okay from now on he took his hand away. He was tired but it definitely worth it. "San that was amazing," Seonghwa said placing a hand on his shoulder to steady him. "You were like wowwww..." Mingi said looking at him with an open mouth, San smiled at that he was happy that he was appreciated. "Thank you, San. Truly San thank you for saving my life." Yunho said as Mingi went to his side to support him he could see the gratitude in his eyes. San didn't have the energy to speak so he just smiled. "Hey, San you are a half-nymph and half Amarok right?" Hongjoong questioned he had been staring at the whitish-pink crystal that was shining on the necklace. San nodded at the question he was indeed a child of a nymph and Amarok. Hongjoong hold out the crystal towards him and asked the question "So San will you take the nymph crystal responsibility and join us on our journey?"