2

Alyara's POV:

To clear my mind from these last few days, I decided to go for a walk and explore the forest, but at night, just like I did back home. I know it's dangerous considering I am unexperienced. But yolo am I right.

I sneaked out of the little cot and walk straight into the forest. Who knows what I would find there. I was observing the forest. The lights coming from the plants were magnificent. I haven't seen anything like it back on Awa'altu. It was insane.

I stopped as I was some funky mushroom plants called heliocordians, I was curious so i touched it. It closed itself like it was scared of my touch. I backed away and let out a laugh. They are just like me, getting nervous at touch.

Suddenly, a big animal came out of nowhere. It looked like a big black muscular cat, it also had quills coming out from his armor plating the rear of his skull. I noticed his huge distensible jaw. I wasn't stupid, I knew damn well that animal wanted to eat me. (eat that taki)

I had nothing on me to attack, so I ran as fast as I could. Back home, I rarely ran, mostly swam so I had to put this ability to test. I ran through the trees, in the opposite direction of the village, getting lost.

In the distance, I saw a waterfall... I had to jump to survive the Thanator attack. Fuck. Without thinking much I dived in the water. During those few seconds in the air, my adrenaline was high, with the wind blowing on my face.

Thank Ewya the beast stopped following me. But now... where am i? That's a completely other problem, I had to find my way back to the village. The rest of clan would wake up and find me missing, I would be in big trouble with Tonowari. I was in my own thoughts when I heard a muffled cry.

I wouldn't expect someone this deep in the forest too. What would they do here? But there he was, Neteyam. He looked like he was crying, I wasn't sure how to approach him. I had to, because he was probably my only way out of here, but I did not want to invade his privacy.

I would've had to talk to him sooner or later. So I walked slowly towards the forest boy.

Neteyam's POV

No fucking way. I see Alyara approaching me. I quickly wipe my tears away and try to smile, but I just can't. I come here almost every night, it's my spot. No one else comes here, so I use this place to let all my thoughts out and to cry. All the pressure finally building up But today, she came.

I don't know if I should feel relieved that I see her, or embarassed that she's seeing Toruk Makto's son crying.

''Hey Neteyam .. are you okay?''

She pronounced my name so perfectly, I smiled. I nodded my head. I wantted to tell her all my problems, just let it out. I knew her for one day only but I would trust her with my life.

''I'm fine darling''

I smirked. I was kind of shocked at the nickname I just let out but I could tell she blushed and looked away. I asked her what she was doing here anyways, why a pretty girl like her was in the forest all alone.

''I took a walk and some beast tried eating me. So here am I.''

She let out a chuckle, like it was nothing serious. Alyara is here one day and she already gets in trouble. I liked that.

''Well good thing it brought you right here to me. Am I right?''

I looked at her eyes, she gave me siren eyes, it was insanely attractive, and her pretty pink lips. She hesitated before replying back.

''...Why were you crying before?''

She approched me and sat down right next me, looking right in my eyes with a radiant smile. Oh my Ewya- I folded right at the instant. But I could tell she was sincerely asking, I decided to tell her the truth, cause that's what friends do. They don't keep secrets from each other.

''I am always expected to do everything right and I'm so over it. Jake keeps pressuring me and I feel like I never get to truly live and be myself. I'm being responsible for everything and I'll be the next olo'eykte, I have to be the perfect older son, the warrior.''

I burst into tears. Fuck. I felt some arms around my waist. I opened my eyes and saw Alyara holding my thightly in a hug. It definelty made me feel better and i hugged her back, burrowing my head into her shoulder like a baby. But in that moment, I didn't care that I was a uncontrolable mess, just that I was with the water girl.

﹌﹌﹌

After a few peaceful minutes, she pulled away and gave me another one of her smiles. I knew that I wanted to kiss her, but I wouldn't dare to.

She broke the silence by asking if we should go back. I completely forgot about my parents who probably would be worried sick right now. Usually, I come back before they wake up and go missing unnoticed. Unlike today, were the whole clan is already awake by now.

''Shit. darling we have to go back''

She looked surprised, but I ignored if it was from the nickname or the fact that I cursed. She probably thought I was a stuck-up and a boy with no emotions.

I called my ikran, Fides, back. I mount her and hold my hand to Aly. She reaches it, she has soft skin.

''Told me tightly if you don't wanna fall!''

I grin as she wraps her hands shyly around my waist. We then take off in the sky back to the village.

A/N: I named the ikran Fides, bc it means faithfulness in latin and the name Alyara means faithfulness (i think) ;)

thanks for everyone who read the book :))

i changed this chapter so many times but i kind of like it :D

don't forget to comment and vote <3

idk if i'll have time to update during school :/

p.s: hope y'all get the reference from avatar 1 with the thanator and heliocordains ;)