13

Neteyam's POV

We start laughing, but I don't really know why. I guess we can't really take each other seriously.

''I've got my mind on you.'' she whispers so low I can barely hear it.

We are still in the same position as before, very close as I get distracted by her lips. My tail wrapped around her tiny waist, making her scoot closer towards me. Feeling her skin on mine made me want to jump like a child. 

Alyara wasn't the bolder one usually, but oh my Ewya these days she made me go crazy. Whenever she said something in her soothing voice, it made me act up. She made me feel weaker and vulnerable but in a good way. I felt like I could be myself around her, and no one else. She was mine. I desperately wanted more, like a puppy at her knees. Alyara could run me over with a direhorse, and I would thank her.

''You're perfect,'' I say, and I completely mean it. She is everything I need in my life.

''Let's get out.'' she says, a slight blush violet blush on her cheeks, as she hops out of the ice cold water.

I follow her, shaking my head getting the excess water off my braids. Then sitting near her, on the grass, enjoying the view.

It was beautiful, but nothing like her.

''We are gonna go into a war.'' I mumble, not really know why I just said it, breaking the oh so peaceful and wholesome moment. Oh my Ewya, I'm such a skxawng.

She pulls away from me, processing what I just said. I could tell by the look on her face that she was shocked.

''How will the people stay safe? I can't lose you Teyam.'' she whispers, sadness and worry filling her voice.

''You wont lose me Princess'' I answer in a reassuring tone, leaning in to give her a forehead kiss, trying to show her I wasn't worried.

But the truth is, I was really scared about what might happen. I did not want to lose any of the ones I love, especially my girl.

''Promise.'' she says.

''Promise.''

I knew I was lying, and she thought so too. I couldn't promise we would all be safe. I would risk it all just for her to stay alive, knowing I had no reason to stay without her.

Whatever happened out there, she must stay alive. I would die for her, kill for her. But there was also my family, they would understand. Jake and Neytiri would die for each other, and I know it.

''Come here darling.'' I coo, pulling her into an embrace, needing the comfort of her skin on mine.

We just lay there, knowing I had to enjoy her presence as much as I could now. 

''I love you,'' she murmurs, but loud enough for me to hear it.

''Hmm?'' I say, smirking, wanting to hear it a second time.

''Oh you heard it big boy.'' she groans, annoyed at my teasing.

*hey siri play big boy by sza*

''No.. I don't think I did.'' I say letting out a slight chuckle.

''I said I love you, you skxawng.'' she says, way louder, in a voice my mom used when she was mad at my brother.

''I love you too mama'' I say, grinning, leaning in for a quick kiss.

But deep inside, I had so many butterflies in my stomach. My heart was beating at the speed of light. I felt like I was losing control. I tried playing it off cool, but she had such an impact on me.