11

Alyara's POV

We both went back to the village almost immediately, to meet someone. Neteyam didn't tell me who, so I was nervous. What if he ratted me out and my family had to leave? I hoped this wasn't the case. I did not want to regret trusting him with my deepest secret.

In the distance, I saw Kiri and a sky person near the hut, closeted from the others and playing in the water. What. How is he here? He has dreads and a loincloth, just like the Navi but he was wearing a mask, to be able to breathe. As sky people couldn't breathe our air, so they used a oxygen mask to survive. He was much more small than us, probably arriving at my waist, around Tuk's height. I never saw a human before, but I heard about them and I knew Jake Sully was previously one.

''I'd like you to meet Miles Socorro.'' Neteyam says, urging me to get closer and reassuring me, still tightly holding my hand, and caressing it.

''Hey'' he says looking up to face me, with a smile.

''Um hi?'' I say kind of confused.

Neteyam notices it and explains. ''Spider is Quaritch's son, he can't go back to earth so he stays here with us. He was grown in the lab, but he barely spends time there anymore.''

I gasp. Was he my brother kind of? Step brother? That's crazy. Although Neteyam didn't say that I was his daughter too, Miles could tell by the look on my face, that something was wrong. He said nothing about it though, and I respected him for that.

''What do you know about Quaritch?'' I ask him, knowing the question might seem strange but I really wanted to know.

His eyes shot up at the mention of his father. ''Well I know he had a affair with a Na'vi women but somehow he's still alive.'' he murmurs.

I stay silent. So what I thought, was true. He and I were related? Was Quaritch really my dad? I came from a shitty dad, who tried killing my love's family. Oh my Ewya. I think I had to tell Jake. I don't know what would be his reaction, but I would rather get thrown out of the clan than betray the people I love. 

After a while, we both realized the conversation was going to nothing useful, so we left the two teens. I waved, still in shock at the news. 

''Are you fine, love?'' Neteyam asks, whispering in my ear with a raspy voice, sending shivers through my whole body. 

I nodded my head, lying. It wasn't fine. If it was fine, we would both be careless cuddling without any worries , just us against the world. But the sky people have to ruin it all. When I met the Sully boy, my life changed for the better.

''I think we need to tell your dad.'' I say.

He stops to look at me more clearly, to see the look on my face. I hate it when he looks in my eyes. Actually, no. I hate the way I love how it makes me feel. I blush easily and look away, and I hate it. I wish I could just hold the eye contact. Even after kissing, I get butterflies for the tiniest touches and words.

''Princess, stop looking away when I talk to you'' he says grabbing my chin gently with his fingers, making me look at him.

''Sorry.'' I mumble, maintaining an eye contact. 

''Don't be.'' he pauses. ''Are you sure? I mean, I'm sure he will be okay with it. But are you?'' a concerned look on his face.

I think for a little while. I was slightly worried, but I trusted him and I'm sure his father would undestand. ''Yes I am Teyam''

''Okay then, we can go tell him know.'' He says, looking at me for confirmation.

I agree, as we leave for his family's hut. He still held my hand as I was scared. I loved him, but what would our parents say if they found out about our undying love for each other?

When we entered the hut, I felt eyes on me and I got nervous. Usually, I don't get uncomfortable in situations when people stare at me. Back in Awa'altu, I used to dance on stages. But this was different.

I first noticed Neytiri, Neteyam's mom. She had a sweet smile on her face, but I could still see some confusion in her expression. She mouthed something to Neteyam, who nodded with a smile. I wondered what they were talking about.

Tuk was playing with her toys, unbothered.

Kiri and Loak weren't here, so I made a mental note to ask Tsireya if she hung out with him today. 

My eyes lingered, and I saw Jake Sully staring at me. Neteyam looked a lot like his dad.

''Who's this, son?'' he asked frowning 

He thought a few seconds before answering. ''My girlfriend.'' Then looks at me for approval, as I gave it to him. We never really mentioned what we were, but I was pretty sure that unconsciously we considered each other as girlfriend and boyfriend. I don't even know if the term is used in Pandora, but I learned it anyways and Jake knew what his son meant.

Because he jumped in excitement.

''Netty  is growing up! And he even pulled a wonderful lady, I'm sure about that.'' He reassured me,  as I was starting to get a bit anxious.

Neytiri also smiled, pulling me into a hug. I felt like I melted into her arms. 

I forced myself to resume, even though the little introduction was wholesome.

''But that's not why we are here.'' I muttered.

Jake looked at me, with confusion. ''Then what is it, kiddo?''

I took a deep breath, trying not to stutter on my words when I spoke. 

'' I'm not fully Na'vi'' I paused waiting for his reaction, but he just nods. ''And my father, I'm pretty sure is one of your enemies. Quaritch. I'm sorry.'' I say, tears forming.

''Oh come here'' he pulls me in a hug that I returned. I was startled, not undestanding why he gave a hug and comforted me, instead of exiling me and my family away from here. Those few seconds, I felt safe in his hands. I might not know him, but there was just something about him. This whole family was amazing.

''He does not define your worth, don't let these thoughts consume you.'' he whispers in my ear, so the others couldn't hear.

''Thank you Jake.'' I answer, a huge smile on my face. 

I go back to join Neteyam, who gives me a comforting smile. The one I was so in love with. The contagious smile, making me smile even harder. The smile that made me want to smash my lips against his. His ears lifted up, showing his contentement. I loved his ears, how he used body language to express his emotions. His eyes, saying everything he couldn't. The gaze that made me fall in love with him. His freckles, lightening up at night, on our flights on his ikran. His hands, that held me when I wasn't feeling well, the touch making my heart skip a few beats. His tail, grazing me whenever I least expected. There was so much more about him, that  couldn't even explain.

He's my boy.

A/N

thoughts on this chapter?

my girl is deeply in love with forest boy.  i dont blame her 😉😉😉

if you're here and didnt check out my avatar highschool au def go check it out!!

ps: i might ot post tmr and monday as i have a huge exam on tuesday and i didnt start studying. lol.