You can rest now

Prologue // CHAPTER ONE

The cries of death can be heard one way or another. For Steven Rogers, it was sudden. With a pang in the chest. Tony's was foreseen by him himself. A smile was seen before he died. Natasha's was known too well. She knew she couldn't escape or else they would lose. Death can come in forms unbelievable.

No one exactly knew what happens when death begins, they just knew that it happened to everyone. So when the avengers died and appeared in the Galaxy, surprising reactions appeared.

No one out runs the action of death. That is unless you were super soldier one day. Though, age can catch up if you let it. Steven Rogers knew the consequences of going back in time. But he did it anyways. Now he sat in the young body he once had before going back in time.

He could see the stars from all around the world. He could see Natasha, and Tony. His two friends. He fought with them.

Pain is odd. It holds itself in different forms. Clint could feel it like a shot. Thor thought it was a rush of air. But Bruce knew it was just another surprise from the gods' perspective.

Pain is an essence that cannot be escaped. It's name is Pain for a reason. It's merely another attack no one knew was arriving. The past was naive. The present was hopeful. But the Future was faithful.

Every time period contains a different essence. That's what Iris knew. Her view of the world was different. She saw them all at once. She was Strange. It's odd using that word as a personality trait instead of name, isn't it?

There was a difference between Iris and Strange. Iris was hopeful and kind. Strange was secretive and tired. No one could explain the difference in dear time. All the world knew was that their heroes were gone.

All. Gone. Not forever. Imagine what it would be like, to wake up one day and realize you were awake. Asleep, yes, but awake and alive. That's what Natasha felt one day. She was in a bed, similar to the one they used for Steven Rogers when he woke from his seventy year sleep.

"Morning, Miss Romanoff, it's been a few hours since your last run hasn't it?" The young woman Natasha had woken up to see. She sat up in a groan. The place was similar to what the world looked like on its own in her time period.

But she knew better, she sat and listened for the birds she heard every morning when she woke in the infirmary.

"Where am I?" She asked quietly.

"I'm afraid I don't understand.." the blonde said quietly with a smile.

"Birds sing in the morning, every morning, evening, even night. Especially in the infirmary windows. So I'll ask again," Natasha Romanoff said sternly, "where. Am. I?"

"I- Code thirteen! We have a code thirteen!" She said loud and clear. Officers burst into the makeshift room crashing into her. Natasha swung her legs kicking them into the wall next to her. Fake. Of course.

She ran through the halls into the open air. She had joggers and a t-shirt on. Why? She didn't understand. The world was clean. Holograms covered the walls, cars no longer screeched. They floated.

She ran down the street, desperate to find the time square. No screens, holograms. It was different. Unfamiliar. She didn't look or feel old, so what happened. She knew she was dead. She knew she was dead. It was common knowledge as she knew she sacrificed herself.

"Calm down Miss Romanoff, you're not in danger of any sorts," a voice said. She was blonde, a British accent and thick voice too. She had a tight suit on.

"What-," Natasha sputtered out of her lips. She hadn't realized how cold it was until she stopped moving.

"You're alive Miss, in the future too," she said. Her lips were tinted a light red color. S.H.I.E.L.D. Cars lined the street around her. Children gathered to watch the hero they all knew as Black Widow.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
┊͙

┊͙

Why did I use the same way Steven Rogers figured out he was in the future? Well it's because I thought it really fit what I was looking for. I'm trying to figure out a good way of doing this.

I AM ONLY SAYING THIS HERE I DONT OWN MARVEL. Marvel belongs to the makers of the comic books of Marvel.