You can rest now [2]

Beginning// CHAPTER TWO

Silence. Thats what Steve heard. The cries of death can be heard one way or another. For Steven Rogers, it was sudden. With a pang in the chest. Tony's was foreseen by him himself. A smile was seen before he died. Natasha's was known too well. She knew she couldn't escape or else they would lose. Death can come in forms unbelievable.

No one exactly knew what happens when death begins, they just knew that it happened to everyone. So when the avengers died and appeared in the Galaxy, surprising reactions appeared.

No one out runs the action of death. That is unless you were super soldier one day. Though, age can catch up if you let it. Steven Rogers knew the consequences of going back in time. But he did it anyways. Now he sat in the young body he once had before going back in time.

He could see the stars from all around the world. He could see Natasha, and Tony. His two friends. He fought with them.

Pain is odd. It holds itself in different forms. Clint could feel it like a shot. Thor thought it was a rush of air. But Bruce knew it was just another surprise from the gods' perspective.

Pain is an essence that cannot be escaped. It's name is Pain for a reason. It's merely another attack no one knew was arriving. The past was naive. The present was hopeful. But the Future was faithful.

Every time period contains a different essence. That's what Iris knew. Her view of the world was different. She saw them all at once. She was Strange. It's odd using that word as a personality trait instead of name, isn't it?

There was a difference between Iris and Strange. Iris was hopeful and kind. Strange was secretive and tired. No one could explain the difference in dear time. All the world knew was that their heroes were gone.

All. Gone. Not forever. Imagine what it would be like, to wake up one day and realize you were awake. Asleep, yes, but awake and alive. That's what Steve felt. Thats what Natasha and Tony felt too.

He knew something was up when he saw the window. It had the view of his oldest time of year. World war II setting. He snickered in response. A young man came in and he left no chance to talk.

"I left this world in 2023, don't think I will notice the backdrop. So I'll ask this once, and you better answer. Where am I?" He questioned quickly and thoroughly. After a few years of being rogue, Steve learned a few things.

"You're in the year of 2021 sir. You fainted in the war of Loki, We thought it'd be best to explain to you the situation with a familiar area..." he said.

"No. Liar. Pure liar. I remember thoroughly how me and the avengers defeated Loki. Answer me!" He yelled frustration seeping out. The man merely stood there not knowing what to say.

Steve punched the wooden wall, revealing the company in business. Agents surrounded computers then stopped to stare at the commotion. Then the speaker said the same thing that was said when Steve woke from his dreaded rest.

Steve knew something was wrong. Entirely, he didn't think the agency would take the same approach as they had before. Clearly, Steve misunderstood the man in charge, or lady.

He punched and shoved his way through the halls of the steel company. He appeared in the streets of New York. Though it wasn't familiar, he knew it was still a busy manifestation.

"Steve?" The voice said. Familiar in every way.

"Pepper."