TMA || 14

>>>ARETHA'S WEDDING DRESS

Everyone was seated and I was nervously standing at the end of the altar. Everything looked exactly the way Aretha had said she wanted things, and I guess everyone just pulled it together quicker than we had decided.

I didn't even know how my bride to be felt about this, but she must've clearly agreed if I was standing here. I couldn't imagine being humiliated because she didn't show. I'm not an idiot, so I know that some of the people here come from the different magazines and newspapers that are meant to interview us.

For the first time in my life, I actually had a feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I was freaking out, but obviously my years of being stoic have helped me with managing to not look panicked, even when I am, like now.

I watched my sister giving instructions at the back, and that's when the music came on. I watched as my little girls came down the aisle, throwing rose petals from their little baskets. The guests cooed from how adorable they looked, and I could only smile in pride.

"You look very handsome daddy," Camilla told me once the four of them were standing before me.

"Thank you princess," I smiled, before kissing their foreheads.

They giggled and went to sit down next to my grandmother. Yvette was sitting there as well, and I was curious to know who would then be walking Aretha down the aisle. Gio walked down the aisle next. He was basically running down the aisle with the rings in his chubby little hands. The guests and I laughed as he continued to run until he barrelled into my legs.

"Hey there little guy," I picked him up.

"Look," he said excitedly, showing me the rings.

"Hold onto them ok?" I said, putting him down.

"Ok!" he nodded before going to sit next to the girls.

The song changed before the first pairing appeared. I was shocked to learn that it was Malia, Gabi's sister. While I have sort of a relationship with her, I didn't think she'd be making an appearance at my wedding, let alone as a bridesmaid. She was coming down the aisle with Joel.

Next up was Luigi and Bianca. They walked down the aisle and Luigi whispered something in her ear. From her eye roll, it wasn't that hard to tell that he'd said something stupid. Lastly, Fabius and Rhonda stepped up- the Best Man and Maid of Honour.

My nerves were shot when I realized that it only meant that Aretha was next. My mind was getting fuddled up and my palms were sweating. Hell, I think I was sweating everywhere, but again, I was saved by my years of 'stoic training'.

And then she appeared.

I think my eyes all but rolled out of their sockets. My sister had truly outdone herself with this creation, and having it on Aretha had me fighting to understand whether I wanted her to keep it on, or whether I wanted to peel it off of her body.

The creation in question is Aretha in all its glory. What I mean is that I knew from looking at it that she'd chosen it herself. It is simply elegant, much like she is. It's a long, straight dress. It's pure white with floral embroidery designs at the top. It has a plunging neck line that drops to her stomach, but it isn't racy or slutty.

Just pure sophistication.

The song changed and I got the answer to my question when Gerard assumed his position beside her. She looked as nervous as I was feeling, and unlike me, she wasn't hiding it. She and Gerard slowly started moving towards us.