Chapter 10 - Venom

Chapter 10 -
Venom

✿Cassy's point of view✿

Think, Think Cassy! You need to think of something fast! I said to myself.

I frustratedly screamed onto my pillow when I couldn't think of anything. And as I was putting all of my frustrations into the pillow, the door of my room suddenly opened.

“My lady, what are you doing?” It was Rose who just arrived from the market. “Rose, how is the shop? Is it doing fine?” I questioned that first, not even bothering to answer her question.

“Yes, it's doing quite well, there are many people wanting to buy your products, my lady.” She enthusiastically shared to me. “But my lady, you still haven't answered my question. What were you doing just earlier?” I rolled my eyes, refusing to say anything.

“Child, don't you dare give me silent treatment. I am your mother still!” I slowly turn around to face her again and had a sulking face on.

“Mother, I was invited to the castle...” I said, trailing off my words. “Oh really? Well then, we must prepare you for the castle!” She excitedly rummage through my wardrobe and picked out dresses and throw some everywhere.

As she was going through dresses and shoes, she noticed that I was a bit downhearted. She walked towards me and sat beside me; she is trying to console me.

“Cassy, is there something wrong? You can tell me.” I smiled but didn't say anything. “Cassy, come on, tell me what it is that's making you sad.”

I sighed. “I just... The reason why Uncle has invited me to the castle because, he...is back.” there was a slight indifference when I explained to Mom who is back, even though I didn't say any name.

“Who is he, Cassy? Is he someone of importance that you are reacting to him being back here so greatly?” I stood abruptly and stand by the window overlooking a garden I often come to.

“He, he is someone I once trusted with my heart. I thought he would fix me but he only broke me more.” A lone tear made its way down and I wipe away.

It still hurts, it still lingers, it still embedded in my mind... and heart.

*Flashback*

(Cassandra, 15 years old)

“My lady, please let us go back now! The Duke will kill me if he knows of this!” Celia said.

Celia is one of the best maids I have, she is kind and humble, she treats me with care and respect as if I am worthy of it. I will never do anything that could possibly harm her.

But I can't right now, I miss him! I miss Rivel too much, I need to see him, even if it's just a glimpse of his shadow is enough for me.

“Celia, don't worry! Father won't be mad at you... He doesn't even know I existed.” I mumbled the words but I know she heard me because she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

Celia never looks at me with pity or sympathy, she knows I don't like that. She only shows sadness of my life.

“My lady, we have arrived at Murearivna.” I looked around and saw the most beautiful sceneries I have ever seen.

Their land is full of tall tress and a whole road filled with flower patches. It's just amazing!

The carriage stopped at the Murearivna school of magic and I got out and immediately after that I started to search for Rivel.