CHAPTER THIRTEEN

If only happiness was a person then Taehyung knew it would be him today. His eyes had never left Mihi after she had said yes to them marrying. He felt like he had won a battle of love or something but her validation had made him feel powerful.  He wanted to smother her with kisses, hold her hand tightly in his and not let go at all. The things that went on in his head were forbidden to be spoken out but he couldn't help but imagine what all he would do to Mihi once she was his. Officially, legally in all ways possible.

"Did you have a good lunch?" He asked, hands already on their way to flatten down the unruly strands of her pretty brown hair as she looked up at him with doe eyes of adoration.

"Mhmm..it was nice thanks to you." She said making Taehyung to chuckle a bit as he held her hand and raised it to kiss the back of it.

He felt those eyes watch him as his lips touched her skin. The smooth cool surface of it skimming across his lips and the way she subtly took a deep breath in order to calm herself made Taehyung laugh within himself. She was so beautiful.

Beautiful when she laughed.

Beautiful when she talked.

Beautiful when she blushed.

And still so beautiful as she tried not to meet his eyes out of coyness.

And he was in love with her, irrevocably.

"Would you please allow me to drop you home?" He asked holding her hand still as he stepped a bit nearer to her.

"No, Taehyung. I think you should go back to your office. I am afraid your employees are going to curse me with how busy I have kept you." She sighed keeping her eyes lowered, precisely on their hands.

"I wish you could keep me busy forever."

That came out of nowhere. And he realised it when she snapped up to give him a shocked look before sputtering into a fit of chuckles.

"Bye." She shook her head at his silliness as she walked away from his comfort.

"Bye." He waved as he slipped his hand inside his pocket that was in hers a few seconds ago to capture the feel and not let it vanish.

"Bye..." she whispered, smiling back.

"Bye." He smiled back and God knew just how fast his heartbeat was at the sight of that smile.

And then she was gone as he watched her walk to the parking where she had kept her car. All the hope he had of spending more time with Mihi had gone out of the window but it didn't matter to him.

She had agreed to marry him afterall.

-

Was everything a bit too romantic?

Or maybe it was the effect that Kim Taehyung had on her.

Mihi wouldn't have given the man the benefit of doubt but his thoughts wandered in her being more than any thing else. She thought of him when she cooked something, he came into her mind when she drank her evening tea and the cookies reminded her of him too.

Even the pretty flowers, those purple orchids that she had received early in the morning told her how much effort he was putting.

The card that came with it laid by her hand as she glanced at it while sipping her tea.

"...because they reminded me of you. Hopeful of seeing you today. Good morning Mihi."

What was she supposed to do when his actions were making her swoon every second?

Was this how love felt like?

It was a wonder to her how her, an author who wrote novels that spoke of love and all, had no idea it felt this pretty. Yeah...Mihi didn't know what to name the feeling but to name it pretty. She felt like she saw everything through a heart shaped lens and everything that seemed slightly related to the gorgeous man that she was to wed made her smile like an idiot.

Her phone ringing, Mihi picked it up to see her mom calling as she held the phone to her ear.

"Eomma?"

"Uri Dal! What are you doing?" She asked, cooing through the call making Mihi chuckle.

"I was having tea...why?"

"Mi hi, do you have the afternoon free, my dear? We were thinking of going for engagement dress shopping and get your wedding dress selected as well...do you think you would be able to spare some time?"

Ahh. The engagement, of course.

"Eomma...we spoke that we wanted to keep the engagement private. I don't want anything too lavish."

"I know my baby...but we need to have a dress. Engagement is a big deal. I want my daughter to look absolutely beautiful on her day...can't I ask this much?"

"You can," Mihi sighed as she reached for her cup before taking a sip, "...I will be there. Let me know thr address, hmm?"

"Okay! I will send you the address. See you soon."

"Hmm." She hummed, smiling as she kept the phone down.

Their engagement was supposed to be in a week's time. And Taehyung had asked her very politely if they could keep this event at his house and she had accepted. They had discussed about that -- was it a day ago? when they were on one of their night talks and he had asked her what she wanted.

Although she was grateful to him for allowing her to tell him what she wanted but she valued his opinion as well, she had told him that she wasn't a big fan of lavish parties and a small party with just their close family and friends would suffice more than anything. Taehyung had agreed saying that he wasn't very likeable to big parties either and he preferred a private get together more.

Their families did have the start of December as the date for their wedding and that left her with hardly two months to her spinster Era. No wonder people said that when weddings come they take forever to plan and little time to arrive.

"Ahhh! I can't believe that I am going to get married." She whispered after stretching out in her seat as she held her arms hugging herself.

•