CHAPTER ONE

The part where Mi hi had her mind completely indulged into the conversation of her and Jungkook a couple of days back still couldn't understand how and why her mother would hide such a big fact about the marriage proposal that she had been pushing onto her.

"Mum-"

"...yes. I would love that. And also the new pieces of Canalli couture that I had wished upon last time?...Mhmm...exactly!"

But as if the proud mother would try to understand that her daughter had been impatiently waiting for some attention.

"Perfect! Thank you. See you soon." And just like that the elder lady's eyes fell upon her daughter, who kept her frown tight.

"Sweetheart. Stop frowning. They would give wrinkles to your beautiful face! You would not look nice on your wedding photographs!"

There she goes again.

"Mum...I don't even know the man that you are so adamant to get me married off to." She deadpanned making her mother click her tongue in indignation.

"I told you he is handsome-"

"I know! I know he is handsome...he is rich...but all of that doesn't matter!" Mi hi exclaimed at her mother, the woman who gave birth to her and was trying her level best to get rid of her.

The thought brought sadness to her.

"Are you so fed up of me that you want to get me married off as quickly as you can?" She asked as her head bowed down in distress.

"What...no no..." the mother reached out for her youngest born as she held her hands and sat down beside her.

"You know that your brother and your dad would literally give up anything to keep you hidden from all those men out there?" Her cheeky reply to her sudden indirect accusation of lack of affection made Mi hi sigh.

"Forget I said anything to you at all." She said going back to clear her dry laundry.

"Why are you doing this right now? When are you going to get ready?" The elderly woman asked as she looked at her with disapproval.

"Mum...where am I going now?" She asked back tiredly.

It wasn't a surprise that her mum had forgotten a previous obligation that she must have so generously lent out to a fellow high socialite that her daughter, Jeon Mi hi, a successful writer of the current times would obviously come greet guests if her mother proposed.

"You are meeting him today."

And just like that all the air in her being whooshed out with less effort as she turned to look at her mother with the most incredulous expression she could muster.

"Who?"

"Stupid girl. Your would be husband, who else?" Her mother chuckled like her companions back in school did when they gossiped about their crushes. That was still amusing but the ease with which her mother had told her about such a big prospect made Mi hi seriously evaluate if her mum was actually in her right mind.

"And when am I meeting him?"

"Umm..." her mum glanced at the wall clock in the beige walls of her suite, "around four. So you have seven more hours to get ready."

She had seven more hours to get ready physically. Dresses and all.

But what about her mental awareness?

"Mum!" She exclaimed in horror as she started scouring down her walk in wardrobe in the hopes of finding something good to wear.

"I will leave you to the task of making yourself presentable! Bye sweetheart!"