CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Have you ever wondered if the moon could look...happy?"

Even if Taehyung had no idea why he was being asked this question, he was damn sure that he would love to know the answer to it if the woman in attendance told him about it.

"Does it? Normally, people would say that it looks sad..why do you think it looks happy?", his grave voice sounded curious as he turned to watch her half-clad face with her curled brown tresses turning to look at him.

"Because it grows as the month begins to be with the stars, the arrival of that time must make the moon giddy... Must be lonely when it can't see them", his eyes smiling at her words, he hummed along as he gave her a loving look.

"And then it would be hide away letting all its light go once he meets his beloved so that he could watch them shine instead."

"Is it necessary for it to...let it's shine go?"

"Too much brightness would blind." She smiled, "They need to compromise at a point and the moon has an advantage over it."

"What about me?" He found himself asking making Mi hi to turn at him and look at him weirdly.

"...meaning?"

"How do I look to you?"

His question must have caught her in surprise because looking at the expression she held, Taehyung felt giddy.

"umm...c-content?" she asked in a short stutter, gulping down as her eyes met his curious ones.

"Content," he worded it, nodding along, "I guess I am content."

-

"...you have a very good idea about the food here, I guess." Mihi smiled after Taehyung had successfully and very immaculately ordered them dinner, starting from entrée to dessert. And that too, very strangely most of her favourites.

"I would only want myself to be acquainted with my restaurant and it's givings." His statement bringing a halt to Mihi and her hand that held onto the white wine, she looked at him with wide eyes of question.

"Your restaurant?" She asked making the man in front of her to just simply smile at her.

"Of course...you own this..restaurant." She mumbled feeling a bit bewildered from the entire episode but nonetheless feeling a bit nervous now.

"I just want to make sure that you have everything that you need."

Again. Her eyes flickered up to meet his sultry ones that deep voice of redemption piercing through her fragile affection in the most ruthless manners but still holding her gentle.

"Why do you like me so much?" She asked finding it a bit odd for a man of such potential and vigour to pursue her when she wasn't even in business. She was just an author who loved to write and read stories of people.

"I don't." He said making her frown as she fathomed maybe he was just after the merger that could be built up with her dad and brother's company. Maybe he wasn't really interested in her.

"I love you."

"What?" Her guilty smile gone and gone was that awkward air that had enveloped her being, she felt more astounded by the male in front of her.

"I love you, Mihi." He said again.

Always have, was what he had in mind.

-

The part where Mihi was convinced that the date that she had been taken to was an apparent attempt at winning her over for the marriage was lost to her after an hour into it when she had actually started liking and vibing with Taehyung.