Chapter 31

Chapter 31

(Joanna)

Being married is the best thing that ever happened to me. Raymond said he knew he would marry me the moment we met. He didn't care I had a newborn and he was down to be a father figure. I know who my daughter birth father is but I rather keep it to myself. Her father is my last sugar daddy that hid his drugs in my place. He was the reason I got beat up and kidnapped. I don't know if he changed or not but I also don't care. I had no idea I was pregnant. My periods always been irregular because of kidney stones. We it never showed up I didn't think too much about it. I never got big or showed any other symptoms. I'm grateful Jazzie help me deliver a healthy baby girl. I'm still not fond of her but she's my sister in law now so I have to tolerate her. But since coming here I got into law enforcement and finished school. I breezed right through the police academy and today is my first day on the force. I reported to Jo station and when I arrived she was yelling at someone. She looked out her office window and noticed me. She smiled then pointed for me to walk into another room. I did and I sat down in the front where the rookies are supposed to sit and a few minutes later she arrived. "Good morning everyone and before we start let's welcome our new rookie cop Joanna Sparks. Because people talk I'm going to confirm now yes she is my sister but us being related doesn't mean she will get special treatment. She earned a seat here and I had nothing to do with anything. She graduated top of her class so treat her with respect and don't give her hell. With that out of the way, I want everyone to take a poster. This man is the new leader of King crew and since taking his spot, King magically ended up getting attacked in prison and the rivalry gang is dropping like files. If you see him proceed with caution. He's dangerous now get out there and be safe." Jo then told me hang back. "I'm your training officer so get the shop ready and lets get to it rookie" she said. I smiled and then got the car ready I was excited for my first day.