Chapter 29

Chapter 29

(Courage)

Life is fantastic. I have a beautiful daughter and a amazing wife. Jazzie is good to me and makes me happy. School is going great. I decided to drop my criminal justice major and focus on being a med student. I'm happy I get to do my residency at Jazzie hospital. I enjoy working with her and life is a little easier because we have similar schedules and work in the same place. There's no complaining about her coming in late and we don't get mad it one of us is too tired. She's a nurse, medical examiner, and now a mom. I'm med student, doing my residency, and a mom. Everything balance its self out. This past two have been great. Robin is a crazy bitch. Only a sick individual thinks incest is okay. Her being groomed by her daddy is no excuse. My mom was in love with me and I'm out here trying to get freaky with her, Joanna or Jo. Jazzie says its because her step father is gentle and loving while my mother was a psychotic abusive bitch. To me it does not matter. Incest is weird but it all make sense now as to why Robin hates me. I'm glad Jazzie cut her loose. I'm more happier doing my residency now knowing Robin isn't there hogging up my wife. Now I'm the one following Jazzie around. Anyways right now we arrived at the hospital on this hot morning. When we arrived the waiting room was packed with people. I instantly grew annoyed. I put my hair in a bun and then I followed Jazzie around. We dove right in to work when a crash victim came in. After dealing with that a gun shot victim came in. Before Jazzie headed to surgery she told me get to the front and start checking people in. I did what I was told and I spent about four at the front desk when Jazzie finally came back. "How's it going" she said with a smile. "You know I don't like the front desk. People are always coming in with minor injuries and things that can be handled at the urgent care across the street. A man was just here for a paper cut" I said in my annoyed voice. She giggled and after that told me to come with her. The other receptionist said she got this and walked off. I followed Jazzie to an examination room and saw a young girl there. Jazzie showed me her chart and I began to feel sad. The little girl was about ten and she was being raped and touched by her mother. A social worker brought her to the hospital because of heavy bleeding. A teacher at school noticed and called 911. After a rape kit the girl said it was mother with foreign objects. I then looked at Jazzie and she wanted me to convince the girl to get a surgery. Jazzie explained its life or death. If the girl doesn't receive it she will die. I fought back my tears and approached the frightened little girl. "Hi sweetie I'm Courage. Is it okay if I sit next to you?" She looked up at me and nodded her head yes. She told me I had pretty name and she told her name was Faith. I told her that was my middle name and she giggled. "Sweetie I know exactly what you are going through. My mom used to do terrible things to me as well. No matter how much I told someone no one ever believed me. My teachers and the system failed me. They got it right with you. You're going to have a second chance but not if you don't get surgery. It's okay to be scared but it's no way to live life. Living in fear is how you stay stuck. You need to brave and get the surgery" I said while holding back tears. She asked about having children and I looked up at Jazzie who nodded her head no. I told the little girl if she gets the surgery she will have her whole life to think about that and there's plenty of options to have kids. She hugged me tight and wanted me to be there when she wakes up. I promised her I would be. After getting her ready for surgery I went with her upstairs. I let her know she's at the best hospital in town and Jazzie is one of the best surgeons. She smiled and then she waved to me as she went through the double doors.