ETERNAL

- NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN -

Marco was looking for his mother but Margaret was nowhere to be seen. People were coming and going. The music was louder and louder. He decided to go back to the bathroom to check on Jane but on his way, someone's shoulder shoved against his. When he looked up it was Emily. His body almost shivered the moment their eyes met. But what surprised him the most was the fact that she looked very disoriented. It looked like she had seen a ghost. She was pale. Her eyes were watery, her pupils were dilated. She seemed as if she was breathing unevenly. Despite her elegance, her beauty and the exquisite dress she was wearing, Emily looked as if she was rather afraid.

Marco had never seen her like this to the point that he wanted to embrace her, to tell her it's okay and that she's safe. But when he was about to ask if she's okay, Emily was already walking away. She did not say a word. Did not even acknowledge his presence. She just left. Marco gulped quite annoyed that she treated him more of a stranger. How difficult is it to acknowledge someone you know? Was it that hard?

However, Marco was immediately interrupted when she heard some screams from the women in the bathroom. Only then he remembered that his wife was inside the bathroom feeling sick. Without further ado, he walked towards the bathroom's entrance. On his way, he heard people screaming for "Help" and somebody mentioned, "There's blood!"

"Is she okay?"

"Anong nangyari?"

"We need emergency!"

But there were too many people at the front, he hoped that Jane is okay but he could not be certain. Especially that most of the people around him were panicking. The security guards came rushing for help. Despite the bathroom being a ladies' bathroom, they had no choice but to ask some men to help the injured. But Marco was unable to move from where he is the moment he realised that Jane was lying on the floor. Suddenly, all of his blood came to his face. The alcohol made it much worse for him. He could not think straight. His wife. His Jane, now lying helplessly with blood on her mouth, her neck was in front of him.

"Marco!" Margaret was almost screaming when his mother saw the incident. "Jane! Jane!" Margaret came rushing to the cubicle but Marco remained on his spot. It took him a while to move. In fact, the ambulance already arrived when he came towards his helpless wife.

For a moment they were just together, dancing, laughing, having fun. But now, here she is, without consciousness. He did not even know what was going on with her. He certainly was not expecting for the night to turn out the way it did.

He slowly held her and wiped the blood in the corner of her mouth. Marco whispered, "Jane." He thought she had her eyes open for a bit but she lost consciousness again.

The ambulance arrived shortly.

***

"Are you okay?" Stanley poured the tea in Emily's cup.

The breakfast was served in the veranda when the housemaids found her sitting there. Stanley had instructed them to bring the food to her. Knowing Emily for years, Stanley knew she would not dare touch her food.

And in truth, Emily had been there since 1am. Right after she broke down she could not sleep and still had not slept. She was staring in the green scenery of the mountains in front of them. For a second she closed her eyes as if Stanley was not in front of her. With a sigh, she uttered, "I'm fine."

Stanley looked at her closely beneath his circular glasses. Emily then turned to face him. "I'm fine." She said again. "Clearly you're not. I know you Emilia." Stanley said in Italian and when he does this, he was certainly concerned, angry. "What's happened last night?"