ETERNAL

– KEEPER –

It was a disaster. And wildly humiliating. Or so, at least that was what Emily thought. The moment she recovered from her allergic reaction, she left Marco's residence. Emily was on her way out, uncomfortable to stay longer in the property she had once so hated, she was stopped by Marco. "Emily," he sighed. Stanley and James who were behind her decided to take their distance, aware that the two most likely needed to talk.

"We'll see you in the car." Emily nodded before turning to Marco.

"I'm sorry, look Emily I-" But she was already shaking her head. "Hindi ko alam na may chicken pala sa pagkain mo at-"

"Tapos na Marco." She stared at him with nothing but emptiness in her eyes. "Pero huwag kang mag-alala, hindi naman ako kagaya ng tulad mo at ni Margaret, hindi kita aakusahan na sinadya mong lagyan ang pagkain ko ng chicken." Emily was almost rolling her eyes. "At dahil pinatuloy mo ako dito, salamat na din." Marco opened and closed his mouth but she was already walking away. He followed Emily but they stopped when another vehicle parked in the front porch.

Emily raised her brows when they realised that Jane just arrived. The very second she saw them, Emily saw his wife's bewilderment of her presence. She then took this as an opportunity to piss them off. Emily smiled confidently before glancing to Marco. "Oh hello Jane."

"Nandito ka pala, a-anong ginagawa mo dito?" Jane anxiously asked. Her facial expression indicated nothing but confusion and insecurity.

"Oh, hindi ba nabanggit ni Marco sayo?" Emily innocently turned to Marco.

"Jane, this is the only time all of us managed to get together for the expert inspection to the area." Jane's expression did not change, in fact she looked a little more condescending to Marco. Emily on the other hand, enjoyed the discomfort she was causing and so, she stepped forward closer to Jane. Still wearing her most wicked smile, she said, "Hindi pala nabanggit sayo ni Marco?"

Marco was about to say a word when Jane cut him off. "Sinabi nya syempre. Pero anong ginagawa mo sa pamamahay namin?" Emily could only smile wider.

"Bakit hindi mo tanungin yang asawa mo? Sya ang nagpatuloy sa akin dito?"

"Emily, Jane dahil-"

"Ciao!" Emily already went inside her car without waiting for their response.

The moment she closed the door, Stanley looked at her suspiciously. Emily was almost grinding her teeth within her clenched jaws. "What was that all about?" Her stylist curiously asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Stanley laughed sarcastically. "Have you seen Jane Montenegro's face? She looked like she's about to cry."

Emily turned to the windows and stared blankly along their way before impassively saying, "Jane has all the time in the world to cry."

***

Whilst waiting for the results from the land experts, Emily took the time to settle in Manila. She was arranging her new schedule with Chiara and Stanley and mainly organising her future trips and travels not just to Milan but to other countries for business meetings, conferences and ventures that she had to attend.

"So at least twice a month you have to be in Milan. And for general Board meetings you have to stay longer. You need to have a representative here, I know it's not really necessary especially that video conferences are accessible and that the minutes of meetings are recorded but still, you know with the circumstances I think you need one." Emily took some notes down and went through her iPad.