ETERNAL

– WIND OF CHANGE –

Emily stared at her own blank expression in her room's vanity mirror. As usual, she looked rather exquisite. Her eyes were lustrous with impassive vehemence and annoyance. She could not deny the fact that what happened with her and Marco last night was alarming. She did not like it. She should not feel anything, should she? If there was something she was allowed to feel, it would be anger and vilification. She clenched her jaws along with her fists, not wanting to admit that a part of her had been disturbed.

Fortunately, James knocked on her door. "Senyora?" Emily blinked and turned around. "Ready na po ba kayo?" With a sigh, she nodded and grabbed her Christian Louis Vuitton hand bag.

As their vehicle approached the building immediately saw Marco by the front door. And Jane. It looked like the two just arrived as she noticed that Jane just handed Marco his compendium and there was also a car near them, presumably theirs. Marco smiled and gave his wife a gentle kiss on her cheek. Emily had to look away and kept her eyes focused on her bag until they stopped.

"Senyora?" She did not even realise that James had already opened the door for her. Emily cleared her throat and graciously stepped out of their car. In her black Chanel slim fit turtle neck dress and sunglasses, she was glamoured with elegance and extreme opulence. Dominance. And undeniable power as she always did. Her own employees who also just got in the building greeted her timidly and stepped back to give her way. Emily only replied with a nod and as soon as she was closed where Marco and Jane stood, she decided to take her sunglasses off and lifted her chin. She did not smile nor frown. Emily just pierced them with her intimidating gazes.

"Emily." Jane uttered before gulping, trying to swallow her obvious insecurity. Emily almost smiled when she noticed how her hand tightened around Marco's arm. She chuckled a little and found Marco's eyes. "Good morning." She then stepped aside and turned around in grace and demureness, acting as if it was more of an insult than a greeting.

In times like this, Emily learned how to savour her power. With her stilettos thumping against the floorboards of the building, she made sure her presence would be known everywhere, like she always did back in Milan, every time she would enter a male dominated meeting room. Her secretary even opened her office's door. "Good morning Emilia."

"Thanks Chiara, do you have the memorandum?"

"Yes, here it is." She settled her things on the other side before turning on to the computer and then to the given paper. "Please take a seat and we'll discuss." The secretary obliged and turned her iPad on. "That's the memorandum of costs for all the scanning we'd need to organise. The estimate." She nodded without looking up to Chiara. "Are we to throw them all away once we have the electronic copy?" Emily shook her head. "We have to make sure we have Marco's consent for that. Also, there may be a lot more important documents that needs to be kept. Like the very first and latest constitution."

"Yes of course, when would you like to speak with Mr Montenegro? You will have a teleconference in about an hour from Singapore with Miss Lee."

"I know. I can just tell Marco about it later Chiara when I go to the archiving room."

"Sure."

"Anything else?" The secretary flicked some pages on her iPad before shaking her head.

"I think that's it. I'll just set up your computer for the teleconference."

"Great. I just have one email to send out, please stay then you take over."

A couple of minutes later, Emily stood up from her seat and let Chiara organise the software for her conference. But the moment she was off her chair, she thought her peripheral visions caught Marco staring at her through the meeting room's glass doors. She eventually turned around only to find him already walking away. She was about to look away when she noticed that Marco turned his head over his shoulder, glancing towards her direction.