4 - <a preview to Hyunjin's life>

Hyunjin's POV

I cleaned up the used coffee cup in the sink very quickly and after that I almost immediately went to the guest room. The guest room is where I sleep ever since we decided to file for a divorce, we used to sleep together in the master's bedroom... But time changed everything.

I flopped on the bed and felt the soothing and comforting feeling of the soft mattress against my skin. Once again I spaced out, while rethinking the past events.

The arranged wedding.

The separation of Lee Nari and Huang Renjun.

Every shitty thing I've done... All for wealth, fame, and validation.

Now that's where the most sensitive topic comes to my mind. The man I resent the most. I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

I should stop this here. I've grown, and I'm willing to grow more. I've done enough horrible things.

~~~

After that I didn't notice that I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my morning alarm, also known as the organism called Felix. I answered it with my deep and husky morning voice, "What is it this time?"

"Why are you, the CEO, always late for meetings?" the other person across the call asked. I cursed under my breath while ending the call. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom and did my morning routine; a super quick shower, skincare using only 2 products, and brushing my teeth.

I know I should be faster, but I can never skip skincare. Never. I grabbed my clothes, a formal grey tuxedo, and put it on while struggling. I almost fell on my way downstairs. As soon as I reached the shoe rack I immediately put on my black shoes, frustrated, I needed to kneel down once again to adjust it in a way that I'll be comfortable enough.

"Car keys... Car keys..." I mumbled whilst trying to find it. "Aha!" I celebrated for a short while as soon as I found it. "Oh shit I'm late." I ran- sprinted towards my car.

The car ride consists of many honks from the other cars in the road, and many swear words mumbled under my breath as because I was getting even more late as minute passes.

I entered the meeting room with sweat dripping against my forehead. Everyone's attention was on me. "Apologies for being late. Heavy traffic. Please continue the presentation Mr. Kim."

Seungmin continued his presentation, I assume he's proposing about a new revitalizing cream he'd like to produce.

I nodded a few times during the presentation and made a few comments and questions about the product. Next we discuss about our financial well being and stocks. All those very complicated stuff.

"Meeting adjourned." And that concludes today's another eventful meeting. I sighed in relief and sat back down on my seat, massaging my temples. The day was just barely starting and I'm already so stressed.

"Sir-" Felix tried speaking but I quickly cut him off, "Give me another minute." He waited patiently before I finally let him speak again. "Here's the summary of today's report." He said handing me a folder.

"Thanks Mr. Lee, I knew you could be dependable." I gave him a warm smile. He suddenly hit my head. "How many times have I told you to stop being late to important meetings such as these?" Oh no, here goes another lecture.

"I know I know! And would you stop hitting my head?! It seems like it's been a part of my morning routine now." I said, caressing my poor head. "Stop changing the subject Mr. Hwang. If you really continue on doing this, I will tell everything to your father." He tried threatening me, but I know he'll never do that. He's my greatest buddy for Pete's sake!

"I know you won't do that." I smirked at him. He scoffed, "watch me." And with that he walked out, meaning I successfully annoyed him. He's like my babysitter, except I'm a full grown adult.

After that, I went to my office to sign and read some paperworks. Ugh, the part I hate the most. I spent all of my morning trying to finish the pile of papers on my desk. But it seems as if it's never ending!

Time passed, and it's now 12am which caused the alarm on my phone to go off, meaning it's lunch time. I didn't eat breakfast so I am quite hungry.

I went to the company's cafeteria to browse for some foods, I have decided to eat gimbap with an iced americano. I decided to sit at a table near the window to enjoy the scenery, many people that walked pass me exclaimed due to my presence and bowed down to me. I got many "eat well"s from my employees while eating my lunch.

As I was drinking from my iced americano, I couldn't help but remember what happened yesterday. I can't believe I made an exception for someone I barely even know. The memory somehow bought a smile to my face.

I shook it off and finished my food. As I was cleaning the table, cause CLAYGO is superior, I noticed a familiar face amongst the crowd. "Yumi?" I mumbled, questioning myself if that's really her. And.... It is her!

I ran towards her and tried chasing her, but she eventually got buried by a huge crowd of people.

One question entered my mind, why is she here?