Turn- 3

"Just tell your sister's neighbour that I'm gonna picky up Jordy from the book store, okay? Now, can you please let me drive? I don't wanna get a ticket." Silver brought the phone closer to her lips and yelled.

She disconnected the call and threw her phone on the passenger seat. She forgot to leave the office on time to pick up a kid she never even knew. Candice showed her a picture of Jordy and a picture of Silver to Jordy a few days back. He was almost ten. Silver was never really good at remembering new faces or people she didn't know well enough.

She tried to paint a picture of the kid in her mind, but all she could remember was Jordy's blonde hair and his chin dimple. Candice called Silver at 3.45 pm to cross check whether she left or not. It was a twenty five minutes drive to the book store from her office.

Silver rushed to the ground floor by stairs, not waiting for the lift. She asked Dave to take care just in case Tracy decided to throw another tantrum.

Silver turned on the GPS to make sure she was headed in the right direction.   She was busy searching for the new artist when Dave was telling her the way to Wayne's book store.

She kept her focuss off of her thoughts and work trouble during the ride. A green light popped in the GPS as she reached the store. She was surprised to see the road outside the entrance was flooded with cars almost blocking the entrance to the book store.

Silver saw a big rectangular wodden plank on which the name 'WAYNE' was engrave in black italics letter. The door made a noise everytime people were continuously going in and out of the door.

Silver parked her car a little far away from the store.

"Stupid cars," she murmured as she stepped her foot inside the store.

The books were placed in shelves arranged according to the genres and the name of the writers. The racks were different shades of brown going lighter to darker from left to right, two LED lights at the top of each shelf.

Silver liked the smell of books in air. Low murmurings of people distracted her from going further. She saw a bunch of school kids sitting at a table of ten. She found Jordy sitting at one of the tables. He was wearing a blue Micky Mouse shirt and black pants. He was doing Origami with his friends. A young girl who Silver assumed was probably with the kids was showing the kids a green paper swan, the kids were following her step by step. Jordy wiped his nose with his hands and continued making the beak of the swan.

"I have some free time, I guess." she muttered to herself.

Silver thought of using the opportunity to get herself a couple of new books. She went to the horror section and began browsing through the books. She picked a novel by Joe Hill. She flipped the book to read its description when she heard a voice.

"Thank you all for being here. It really means a lot to me. The support you guys have shown is priceless. I can never repay it even if I wanted to. I never really thought of writing a second book, but with the love who guys have showered  to Blossom and Tyler's love story is wonderful. I thank you all for showing​ up today for the book reading session." a male voice came, followed by a loud clapping sound.

Silver walked towards the events area and saw at least sixty people sitting on chairs clapping and giving a standing ovation to a man. The man stood up, smiling. She saw a board on with the picture of the man. His name was Xavier Maple who was the writer of a book called 'Blossom.'

The very second an idea striked to Silver. "Great."

The people formed a line to get their books signed by Xavier. She rushed to get in the front.