Turn-9

"I don't know how do you manage to pop like this everytime. Are you for real? What are you doing here? Please don't tell me that you know the groom and the bride, and they are your best buddies or how could you have missed the wedding of your distant cousin." Silver didn't wait for a response.

Red straightened his black coat, attempting to hide the purple t-shirt he was wearing inside it. "Candice invited me."

Silver felt stupid assuming that she somehow again ended up with Red. "Oh, I see, but why would she invite you here? Do you even know anyone here? Besides me and Candice."

"Nope. She thought you were gonna ditch her, and she didn't want to be embarrassed by coming to a stranger's wedding all by herself. So, she invited me as a backup. I think she forgot to mention that you were actually coming. You are not a reliable person, I guess."

"I am," Silver put the wine glass on the chair beside her. "Well, not really. But sue me for not wanting to attend a wedding of a person I don't even know. Candice hardly knows the couple, too. She met them last week in some bar, and now here we are. I agreed to accompany her and she ditched me to hook up with Johnny."

"Who's Johnny?"

"I don't know. Maybe one of Minnie's friend."

"Is Minnie the bride?"

"I hope so, yes."

"Why didn't you leave? You are attending a wedding wearing jeans and top. No one here knows you and Candice is not even here, you can simply leave, you know that, right?" Red took a seat beside her.

"I didn't want to be alone. At home. Lately I have been..." Silver decided not to say anything further. "Hey, you are wearing an old looking t-shirt over this overly priced coat, you don't have the right to comment on my clothes. At least I'm not wearing night clothes."

"I was asleep when Candice called. She told me to show up in less than half an hour. I stole the coat from the dry cleaning shop. It's​ the best I could do in ten minutes, and you are jealous." Red showed off his coat.

"Why would I be jealous? I don't care if Candice invited you here. It's good that you two have been chatting and getting to know each other. It's fine. I'm fine with it. She always does that. She loves to socialise. You two do whatever you wanna do, I'm not jealous."

Red leaned back on the chair and smiled. "Good to know that you are so acceptable of your friend, but I wasn't saying that. I meant that you are jealous because I'm still looking​ better than you."

Silver looked away in embarrassment, cursing herself for being a blabbermouth. "I'm a good friend and I'm not jealous. Why would I be?"

Red didn't say anything. He just watched Silver looking everywhere except in his direction to avoid looking at him. He watched her light coloured, slightly curled hair coming in her way, disturbing her. She was wearing a cut sleeves purple top, too just like his.

"Hey, I got a call from your boss, Tracy, is it?" Red said.

Silver turned her head towards him, still not looking at him. "Yup, Tracy, it is. I'm sorry about that. I should have warned you. My friend Dave just told her that you and I have been talking about the show. And, now she thinks that you are willing to get on board."

Red rested his head on her shoulder. "It's fine. I talked to her and I think we really hit it off. She is bossy and nice. I like her. She can be very persuasive."

"So, you are doing the show? Actually, shooting an episode with us?" she asked with excitement.

"Yes, and you are hosting it."

Silver felt her adrenaline rushing through her body. "What? Are you serious? Please, don't mess with me."

"I talked to her. We have had an agreement. I do the show only if you host it. Tracy agreed. I can be pretty persuasive, too. It's a good thing, right? You owe me a meal, now."

Silver jumped with happiness, hugging Red. "Thank you so much. I thought you were a douche, but you are not. I'm so happy. Thanks a lot."

Silver pulled her hands away from him.

"No problem. I know you are going to be great, Silver. I'm coming tomorrow for a sample shot. They are going to tell me how to sit, how to talk, basically how to do everything in front of the camera. Please, be there tomorrow. I suck at 'mingling' with new people. I can't talk or socialise."

"What are you saying? You are fine with me. Remember the first day we met. It's hardly been a week and here you are making conversation with me."

Red took out his coat. "It's different with you, guys. You are kind of like me. We can easily talk. You are not a difficult person."

A woman sitting closer to them, turned and gave Red a furious look.

Silver looked at her and then at Red. "You sure you want to remove the coat. T-shirt isn't exactly what people wear at weddings."

"I don't care. It's too damn hot in here. Why do people get married in summers? Can't they just wait for winters or something?" he pulled his t-shirt from the top to get some air.

"It's not even that hot. You are such a drama queen, Red. By the way, why is your name, Red? Isn't it weird?" Silver  asked.

"I don't think it's really that weird. I know people who have weirder names than mine, SILVER!" he laughed.

The woman turned once again. She looked disturbed.

"Keep it down, you. I know my name is, well different, but I kind of like it. My mom always liked the word 'Silver.' I like it, too."

"We do have uncommon names. Red and Silver. Wonder if we had kids together, what are we gonna make them? Green or Blue?"

Silver knew she should have been offended but the truth was she wasn't. "Blue is a nice name."

"Yes, blue is certainly a nice name. And, purple."

"No, Blue is nicer."

The tune of the song 'here comes the bride's started playing. Everybody sitting in the chairs, turned behind. Candice was right behind the bridesmaids, holding a bouquet of red roses.

"Is she one of the bridesmaids?" Red inquired.

"If she knew them a day longer, she could have been the bride." Silver smiled.

Candice gave a thumbs up to Silver and Red.