Turn-8

Two days later...

"Why did you do this? You should have asked me first, Dave." Silver bumped her fist against the table, angrily.

Dave pulled his head back to keep it out of Silver's reach. "You told me that Red Clifton was gonna help you. You disappeared from the office that day, and you weren't taking my calls. Tracy asked me about the progress, and I couldn't just stood there in silence."

To cover up for Silver when she ran away from the office, Dave came up with an excuse that she was out on a meeting with Red Clifton for the show. Tracy recognised Red by his name, she agreed to sign him up for the show.

Silver pressed her head with her palms on either side. "It's not possible, Dave. We have to do something. We can't​ involve him, anymore."

"But, why? Two days back you were excited that you finally found someone. And, now you are freaking out like crazy. What is the deal with you and that Red guy? Did you two fight or something?"

Hearing Dave mentioning Red Clifton's name again and again kept sending Silver back to the events that has been happening with her for the past week. She was okay with Red joining the team. She was the one who insisted Red to think about doing the show and now she was the one who didn't want do anything with the guy and she didn't even know the reason why.

"We didn't fight. It's just..." she said, still thinking.

"What is it? I hope it's doesn't have anything to do with him and Candice mingling, is there?"

Silver just needed to say the word 'no' but she couldn't as if she forgot how to pronounce the two letter word.

"Oh, my Gosh! Are you jealous? When Candice called me I thought she was just messing with me. Trying to make me jealous, and all, but it's true. I get why I'm sort of jealous. We dated for a while, but what reason do you have, Silver?" Dave slid towards Silver to​ make eye contact with her.

She pushed his head back, changing her position. "You are stupid. It's not like that. I hardly know that guy, Dave. It's just I feel with everything that's been happening to me, it all began when I met him, don't you think it's weird?"

"What's weird is you hearing your ex- boyfriend's voice calling you. You were in love with him. He was like your first love and shit, you guys even made a pact of meeting after six years meaning somewhere near the end of this month, I think! This is one of the withdrawal symptoms."

"Withdrawal symptoms, really?"

"Yup, they say love is a drug. A part of you has already forgotten Aaron and moved on, and then there is another part of you that is still willing to wait for him. That part of you hopes that you'll two meet again. Do you really think he still remembers​ your pact?"

Silver find enough truth in what Dave said to stay quiet. What he said made sense, somehow. It wasn't something she expected but it was correct. Maybe she was still hoping to meet Aaron again. It was useless. The wheels of her mind churning continuously, ready to explode at any moment.

"You are right. It's so goddamn hard to admit that. But about Red, I still don't think we should involve him. He wasn't very keen, he recommended his friend. His name is Matthew Collins, he has written a couple of poetry books. He is ready to get on board. Maybe we should just go with him. What do you think?" Silver said.

"Maybe we should just ask Tracy and get this over with." Dave muttered, rubbing his nails together.

"What are you doing?" Silver got up from her seat, trying to find Tracy.

"It keeps me calm," Dave turned, pressing his hair to keep them away from him eyes. "There she is." He pointed to the cubicle in the corner.

Tracy was having a conversation with the heads of the editing team Ronnie and Jack which Silver assumed to be an argument. Tracy looked pissed.

"Should we go talk to her or wait for her to see us?" Dave asked.

"Follow me."

Silver and Dave stood at a certain distance, not to disturb Tracy. They waited till she was done talking to others. Silver walked towards Tracy as she saw Ronnie and Jack leaving in disappointment.

"Hey, Tracy!" Silver tried to sound enthusiastic.

Tracy looked up from her file. "Just the girl I was looking for. Silver, how are you? I heard you were sick."

Silver looked at Dave. Tracy never really asked anything like this to anyone before. She never cared about the wellbeing of her employes. She made it clear plenty of times that she was not interested in the personal life of the people she worked with.

Silver answered. "I'm- I'm fine. Thanks for asking. I wanted to talk to you about Red..."

"Oh, Red. I was thinking about him." There was a glow on Tracy's face.

"You were?" Silver asked.

"Why?" Dave looked doubtful.

Tracy glanced at Dave first and then at Silver. "Dave told me about Red Clifton. I'm so glad that he is ready to do our show. You did a really fab job, Silver. I never expected you to be so good. See, I told you'll find someone. He can be the next big thing for us and our show. His book was a hit, people worship him, and on the top of that he is cute."

Silver opened her mouth in shock. "Okay? Are you sure that he is right for our show? Don't you think he is a little too dramatic?"

Tracy looked at Silver furiously. "NO. Now, you listen to me very carefully. We have to get him here. We gotta sign the agreement and shoot the programme by the end of this week. If you want to move forward in your career than you will get it done. You will get it done, right?"

Silver nodded her head up and down. Tracy left them hanging.

"What was that? She didn't let me say a thing." Dave complaint.

"Shut up. Now, what do you we do?"

"We have to get Red Clifton here or else it's all over, Silver."

Silver and Dave returned to their respective cubicles. She didn't know how to approach Red again. It's been straight two days since she last saw or talked to him. Their last encounter was strange enough for her to never call him again. She needed to explain the situation to Red. She had no other choice.

Silver heard someone humming the tune of the carousel song. She moved her head in the direction of the voice. It was Dave.

"Stop it." She said.

"Stop what?" He asked, not having any idea what she meant

"Stop humming the tune."

"It's my ringtone. Do you have a problem with that, too?"

Silver closed her ears with her hands, putting her head on the table. "What's happening to me!" She mumbled.

A/N: What could be the possible relation between the tune and Silver?