Turn-11

Silver walked out of her bedroom, standing in the hall, she glanced around. Overwhelmed with emotions, she forgot how to shut her inner thoughts, so that she could get some peace

After the wedding incident, she was sure of one thing, it was not a  hallucination, what she was beginning to see was completely real. Real like her. Like the people around her and real like the sound of her own breath. But the biggest question was that what would she do now? She already know how her friends reacted to the news. When Silver told Dave, he thought it was because she was missing Aaron and Candice almost behaved the same way. How else could they have reacted in such a situation?

She herself might have said the same things if it were happening with her friends. In reality, it wasn't. It was happening to her.

How can one convince others to believe in something? State facts, or maybe show evidence? Silver had none. All she had were the visions, the voice and that tune continuously vibrating in her ears like a loud drumming noise.

"Sil, where are you? Come out now, please. Stop hiding." Aaron's over enthusiastic voice came from downstairs.

Silver ran towards the stairs, following the voice. She saw Aaron standing in the living room. He was wearing a black coat and a plain white shirt. The crisp collar and sleeves, just like the way Aaron preferred.

"Hey, what you looking at?" Aaron slipped his hands into his pockets. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Silver felt the warmth in his voice. The way he smiled, his chocolate coloured hair moving in a flow. His brown eyes awaiting for his love. Aaron opened his arms, inviting Silver to run to him.

"How did you get in?" Silver wanted to be sure.

Aaron pulled a pair of keys from his pocket. "Candice lend the keys to me.  It's not my first visit here. I came one time before, but you weren't here. Candice gave me the keys. She wanted me to surprise you, and I think I've successfully did that. What do ya think?"

Silver find it difficult to speak. "When did- did you came back to?"

"I came four days ago," Aaron said, the smile never going away from his face. "I came to you as soon as my flight landed. You haven't changed a bit, but I think I've gotten fat," Aaron said, putting his hands on his stomach. "I'm kidding, I'm totally fit."

Silver didn't say anything else. She just stood there, looking at him like he was an alien. Someone she was meeting for the very first time.

"What? Why aren't you coming down? Is this some kind of trick to get me to come up to your room?" A grin appeared on his face, dimple popping up on his right cheek. "Because I can."

"I'm coming down." Silver begin to walk down the stairs. "I still can't believe you are back. You are here, Aaron."

Silver finally stood face to face with Aaron. He smelled like cinnamon.

"I'm here. I had to be. I belong here with you." Aaron pulled Silver. "I can't believe it's been six years. I know​ we promised each other that we won't text or mail. It was too hard. I thought I lost you, Sil."

Silver felt her heart melting into pieces when Aaron said her name. He was the one who started calling her 'Sil" then her friends started calling her  'Sil,' too.

Silver fell into Aaron's strong arms. Keeping her head on his chest she whispered. "I missed you so much, Aaron."

"I missed you, too, Sil. I missed the way you smell. I missed your long hair touching my face everytime I held you in my arms. I missed your sweet voice calling my name, and I missed the feel of your body against mine." Aaron kissed her head.

Silver looked up. "I'm so happy you are here."

She didn't know howl longer she could hold her tears back. Aaron's eyes were already moist.

Aaron moved his hands to her back. "I'm so sorry I left."

She buried her head on his chest. "Don't say that. It was not your fault."

"Hey, Sil?"

"Hmmmmm"

"Why don't you remember me?"

"What?"

"Why don't you remember me? You don't remember me anymore? Why are you scared? You run away everytime I try to get close to you. Do you not love me anymore?"

"What are you saying, Aaron?"

Silver felt Aaron's​ hold getting tighter. She couldn't breathe properly. Her nose tucked against the fabric of his shirt. "I can't breathe, Aaron. What are you doing? Leave me."

Silver tried to pull herself away from him but Aaron didn't let her.

He pressed his lips all over her face. "Are you trying to run away from me? Again? I won't let you do that. You love me, don't you?  I won't let you get away this time. You belong here with me."

Aaron's cold lips send a wave of fright throughout Silver's body.

"Leave ME!' She screamed in pain.

An arm came from behind pulling Silver from the scene. She saw everything in her sight, rewinding, the dialogues dissolving into mere noises. The colour of the walls diminishing.

Silver ran backwards and found herself sitting in her cubicle.

"Hey, you can say just no if you don't wanna go out with me. Ignoring me like this is rude." Red was leaning down on her table.

It took her more than a few moments to realise that whatever happened a few minutes ago was not true.

"Red, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I thought you were gonna come on Sunday to help me, but you didn't. I had to go through all that alone. And, what's wrong with your buddy, Dave?  He is a little awkward. He sure does stares a lot."

"You came here to tell me what happened with you three days back?" Silver drank the entire glass of cleared in a go.

"You look worn off. Well, I was here for the meeting with your production team, and I'm free now. I was hoping to have a nice cup of coffee with you. We have a lot to talk." Red pulled down the zip of his white hood.

"I can't, I'm working."

"You were staring at the blank screen of your computer. Don't worry, I have talked to Tracy, it's okay. Come on, now."

"I..." Silver knew he would not give up till she agreed. "Okay."

Grabbing her purse, Silver stacked up the files lying on her table and took her phone. "Let's go" she rose to her feet. "I don't have much time."

They began walking towards the door.

"One more thing." Red said.

"What's that?"

"We gotta run" Red whispered.

"Why?"

"Because I didn't take permission from Tracy and she is right behind us. So, run before she sees us."

Red grabbed her hand, rushing towards the elevator.

"You are mad." Silver complaint.

"Well, you are right about that." He pressed the round silver button. "Now, we can talk."

"Talk about what!"

"About what happened to you on the wedding day."