Chapter 2

We decided to head to my house to pack bags for the night. Ya know stuff like extra clothes, well for me at least, food, water, bandages, just ya know stuff for the night. I also packed a coat in case for whatever reason it gets randomly cold.

Now we are sitting at a random table at the carnival.

"So what should we do first? Try to climb the not working rides or something? " asks Ajax.

"More like not on. They may still work" I say as he nods in agreement.

"Let's just not do anything. Let's go home" says Xavier.

I shoot a glare at him and he just shrugs.

We decide to check out the games and I look at the random prizes.

"Damn this one has those lil stuff animals with the glittery eyes" Ajax says quickly getting my attention.

"Beanie boo animals? " I say as that gives me a quick blast to the past moment. They were fun to collect as a kid. I had all the cat ones.

I walk over and open my backpack. I stuff like seven different ones in there and then close it.

"Damn Y/n. Stealing now? " asks Xavier as I smirk.

"Yup. I'm a felon now. Cuff me baby" I say as Ajax's eyes widen.

"Woah now. Let's calm down there. We got all night for that" he says as I roll my eyes and walk around some more.

I stop at one of those fun house things and I cringe a little.

"These aren't actually ever fun" I say as the boys look at it as well.

"I mean... Some are... If it has a mirror maze though I'm out" says Xavier as I look at him.

Bro is such a pussy for no reason what so ever.

Just cause he sold his soul to a carnival doesn't mean he has to put his two-bits worth in for everything that has to do with a carnival. Ajax and I want to have fun on a boring summer day.

"Scared of your own reflection? " I ask as he sighs.

"No I just hate carnivals" he says.

"Hate them quietly please" Ajax says as we walk past the fun house.

It's starting to get dark and we decide to stop for a bathroom break.

I slip into the family room cause it's probably the cleanest and the boys head to the boys bathroom.

When I exit I notice it's fully dark out now. I was only in there for a few minutes. There was probably only a bit of sunlight left when I went in.

The boys walk over to me as I notice all of the park lights suddenly turning on. In moments there is music, rides running, lights on, everything was alive.

But everything was also empty.

"What the hell is happening? " I ask as Xavier smiles.

"I told you none are normal. This just proves it. But maybe we should leave? " he asks.

"No this is way more fun" Ajax says with a smirk.

We can hear laughter of children and mumbling of conversations. However there is no one but us in the park.

Instead of being scared I smile. This gore shit is what I live for. It's fun. You can't see the horror but you can feel it in the air. Playful.

This must be a playground for the dead. At least that would allow this place to make any sort of sense.

Recently Xavier has been a bit more on edge. Ajax has been the same however.

I smell popcorn, cotton candy, fried food. It is so cool. But also so scary.