Chapter 4: Joining the Baseball Idiots

Aoki Sora stood in front of her mirror in her new room in their new home, a neat little house in Tokyo and checked her appearance. She had done a great job with her disguise as a boy. She was wearing the boy's uniform with a leger confidence. It was one size bigger than necessary, the first two buttons of her shirt were being left open on purpose, the tie was only loosely wrapped around her neck and she had decided to wear small silver studs in both of her ears. Only because she was acting as a boy didn't mean she had to be unstylish. Two big silver rings on each hand and a black belt with a silver buckle made her outfit complete.

Sora's usually long sky blue hair was well hidden under a wig with the same color, but the hairstyle was medium length for a guy and fluffy with many strands sticking out spikily in any possible direction. Didn't even need to gel it up that way, very convenient. She flashed her reflection a bright smile and nodded her head in satisfaction. The minimizer and the tight bandages did an amazing job surprisingly and even if she left her jacket open, there wasn't anything shining through the shirt. The blue haired girl looked successfully like a blue haired boy. And a quite handsome one. A real Ikemen.

Coming down the stairs, her parents and her older brother Ten were already waiting for her because they were so curious. Her family had been very positive about her transfer to Seidou and they had been overjoyed and proud of the facts that she had an academical scholarship and that she also had been scouted into a male baseball team which was considered one of the strong powerhouses that aimed for nationals. Everyone had agreed on Sora's argument that not every girl would get such an invitation and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for her she should definitely and without any doubt take.

The young girl had settled into her new dorm room the evening before with a little help from Takashima and Sawamura and had now finally spent her last night at her family's home. She was a little anxious. Sora hated being alone and she had never been away from home and from her family, especially from Ten for a longer time than maybe a school trip. Now that her first day as a guy at Seidou High School had come, she felt a bit lost and didn't quite know what to expect or how to behave.

"Whooo, lookin' good, lil' bro", Ten exclaimed and Sora frowned at him.

"Yeah, let me have a closer look at my second son. I think he has his good looks from his father", her dad joked and her mom nodded her head with a smirk.

"My little boy is growing up and leaving the nest. I'm so proud"

Sora deadpanned.

"Guys, did you actually practice this...?"

They all started laughing together and her brother ruffled her artificial hairpiece.

"Hey, you gotta sound like a boy now. Adjust your language a bit and try to keep your voice in a deeper tone if you can manage"

"No shit Sherlock. You don't need to tell me how I should do my acting, Ten-nii!" the blue haired girl gave back with an annoyed roll of her bright blue eyes.

"Now, look who's getting sassy already... And that after breaking your promise to start practicing with me... again!"

"Oh, for the ever-loving hell, shut up!"

Ten had teased her with that matter to no ends the last few days after she had come home from her conversation at Seidou, only because he knew very well that she was in fact feeling guilty about it.

"I do have a younger brother, now I'm sure..." he continued his teasing with an evil grin, but Sora only scoffed and let her family members standing in the corridor to go and enjoy her last breakfast at home.

After their meal and after lots of teary, heartbreaking, cheesy goodbyes as if Sora would never be able to come back home again and after being crushed with hugs and kisses, the blue haired girl managed to grab her black backpack and hopped into her father's car.