3- The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you make it

--

16. Eight hours working, sixteen earned. It was Thursday, seven in the morning, and Hazel was rushing to the shoe shop. She finally had enough to boy herself some ballet shoes.

She entered the place and went straight to the counter, where the same lady was preparing for the upcoming day.

"Hi. I came back"

"Oh, yeah. Ballet shoes, full sole, isn't it? What's your size, honey?" She asked

"4" Hazel said, not believing she was about to buy her first pair ever of ballet shoes, one step closer to the Olympus Ballet Academy.

The lady handed her a pair of pink satin shoes.

"Try these on"

Hazel sat in the floor and removed her sneakers, then slid the shoes in her feet.

They felt perfect, as if she had been born to wear them. She got up and tried to do the first position, just to try them, and she looked so proffesional she wanted to cry out of joy.

"They're perfect! Thank you so much!" She said

She handed the lady the money and told her to keep the change, before wrapping the shoes in a tissue and keeping them in her schoolbag.

The day passed by really quickly, and when the last class ended she walked to the café while munching a crumpet, mentally going through the Orpheus coreography once more. She knew she had to nail her audition. She just had to.

She worked four hours and recieved eight, which was all she needed for a return bus ticket. Her smile was wide and true, because she was actually going to Olympus academy, it wasn't a dream anymore.

She returned home, finished her homework in a heartbeat and then prepared her bags, for she would not return home the next day.

She packed a nightgown, her leotard, a pair of tights and her new ballet shoes. The also kept a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt that had ruffles and was her favourite. She packed underwear, her diary and a book she had been reading later.

She was really excited, and sewed a wrap skirt with an old scarf, and then packet it too. After keeping a water bottle and a hairbrush, she was ready.

She closed the zipper of the backpack, smiling so hard she knew her cheeks would hurt later.

Hazel started to train again, this time focusing on the coreography. 

"Turn, jumpy things, turn again, do this feet breaking stuff, arms like a puffin, arms high, break my hips and joints" She repeated to herself.

But she was only mildly paying attention to the coreography. Because her heart was in Eurydice's, feeling what she felt as she tried for her lover to notice she was here but without making him look back, all of her trust in him, her life.

She floated through the living room, spinning and dancing her heart out. When the music in her head died and her socks were nearly burning, she finished, falling to the floor and pretending to be gone.

Her breathing steadied and she stopped panting. That had been a nice rehersal. Although her legs didn't go really high and her feet weren't as arched or open as they should be, she was proud of herself. Because she had worked hard, and achieving something when you have fighted for it feels great.

She hadn't noticed her mother wasn't there. It was early, but as she needed the rest, she went to bed.

When morning came, she rised at five am, bouncing from excitement. It was Friday. That day, at six pm, she'd be in Olympus Ballet Academy. 

She took a shower and dried her hair. Then she did boxer braids and blow dried it. She wore a pink t-shirt and a white overall with little pink flowers. She put on her white espardilles and looked into the mirror.

She smiled, her eyes shinning, because she was fullfilling her dream.

She grabbed her bags, her schoolbag and her bag for the weekend, and then ran to the kitchen.

She made herself an omelette, which she then made a sandwich with and wrapped it in aluminium foil. She kept it in her bag, along with a clementine and a chocolate bar. She would need food for the way, as she wasn't going back home until some time.

She was way too nervous to eat breakfast, but she forced a piece of toast down her throat. 

The clock striked seven. She still had time to train for a bit.

When she arrived to the living room, she saw her mother passed out in the sofa, as usual.

"Mother. MOTHER!" She screamed, until the woman's eyelids fluttered.

"Wha-"

"I am going out for the weekend. I will not be here until Sunday. You got it?" She said, slowly and clearly

"You going to party?" She bubbled, her eyes unfocused "Can I come?"

"No, mother, I'm going with Nico to his school" She said, rolling her eyes

"Who's Nico?" She asked, looking high and confused

"My brother" Hazel said, exesperated "I will not return this afternoon, got it?"

"Yeah yeah" She muttered, before passing out again.

I

She sighted, before grabbing the keys and her bags.

"Goodbye, mother" She said, leaving

There was no way back now.

She went to school and trained in the empty classroom, with her mind bubling with excitement.

It was real.

She would be a dancer.