30- This is me

--

The curtains slowly came up. The lighting prevented Hazel from watching the public. She liked that touch. 

When the music started playing, she raised her head up and started dancing beside Frank.

"I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts"

Hazel rised her hands with everystep, looking up, and when the verse finished she did her split on the floor, her body facing downwards.

"I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are"

Frank grabbed her hand and lifted her from the floor. She slowly danced beside him, then he mane her spin around while he got away, leaving her alone in the middle of the stage. 

She broke into a serie of fouttés, all alone, and finished on fourth possition. People started appearing in the back of the stage and got closer. Frank returned to her side. Justas the first pairs started to dance together. Music grew louder, she smiled before she started to really feel the dance, to place her heart in it.

"But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious"

They were all in the stage now, the whole year, dancing to the rhythm. When they heard the cue, all girls (and Nico...) ran to the left side while the boys took their possitions. Hazel pointed her toes before running back to Frank, leaping into a grand jeté. He grabbed her waist and lifted her to the air, justas they all did the same.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"

Every single pair, every one of them was dancing at the same time, the colours mixing with the shinning white, technique blending with passion, hopes with plans. Hazel placed every inch of her heart into that dance. It was her moment. Her moment. She could barely hold the tears.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh"

Everyone was now closer to the sides, starting a complicated routine of steps while she took a few steps back, Frank in front of her. She spun to get closer, her feet landing perfectly after every turn, and then fell to his arms.

"Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades
And reaching for the sun
(We are warriors!)
Yeah, that's what we've become
(Yeah, that's what we've become)"

They were placing their emotions on that dance. The pain they'd felt, the shame, the suffering. Hazel could see what they've been through just by staring at their faces. Yes, they were warriors. They were bruised. And yet they were still standing. She smiled at Frank before leaping into the air.

"Won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious"

They were dancing quickly, spinning while the boys did complicated jumps of all sorts. But, when the verse ended, they all raised up their hands and lowered them slowly. Hazel, in the middle, did fifteen pirouettes in a row before pretedning to fall down, landing into her split.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"

Hazel got up whenn the beat got stronger. The girls did grand jetés, jumping high, while the boys spun and grabbed their hands. She slowly slid to the ground, Frank catching her on the last moment. She looked into his eyes. They shone. She nodded, smiling with excitement, before straightening and dancing once more.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me"

She was enjoying every second of the act. She didn't care about the public, because all she cared about was in that stage, performing. She gave it everything she had, placed everything she was into her dance. Not to please her mother, her teacher or anyone. Just because she loved it. The thing she felt when she danced was nothing she could compare it to. Well, maybe, when she stared at Frank and caught him staring...

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
And I know that I deserve your love
Oh-oh-oh-oh
There's nothing I'm not worthy of
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh"

Each time her pointé shoes made contact with the floor, making that peculiar sound, she felt more confident. She could feel the words that stitched the song up. She deserved their love. She really did. And, if they didn't love her, well, that was their loss. Because she was awesome, and had people who loved her.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
This is brave, this is bruised
This is who I'm meant to be, this is me"

Hazel danced around the stage in sync with the rest, her body blending with Frank's as one. She felt as if she could see every movement he would do and was able to predict the next. She felt so safe in his arms. She did another serie of italian fouttés and landed in fifth.

"Look out 'cause here I come
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
(Marching on, marching, marching on)
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"

The song was starting to die out. But there was still one more verse. Hazel contentrated all the enrgy she had left and dancedlike she had never danced before. She could even feel how the rest got away for a bit and left her to dance in the middle. She blushed.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh
(When the sharpest words wanna break me down)
(I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out)
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me"

The song stopped. Hazel landed on fifth possition and panted. Silence fell. One, two, three seconds...

The applause could have been heard from miles away. She grabbed hands and bowed down while applauses continued.

Her father had his eyes wide open. The doctor also seemed astonished. And Terpisichore? She stared at her, nodding approvingly, and clapped lightly.

She couldn't believe her eyes. The joy she felt was so big she felt as if she would burst.

She couldn't hold it any longer. She grabbed Frank and jumped over.

It was pretty much the best kiss of all times.