Hotel

~Again, this will be one of the more wholesome chapters. Please just pay attention that every trigger I have previously mentioned in this book will be mentioned later in the book, and there will be small triggers everywhere. Please be careful, and take care of yourselves. Love you, enjoy!

Jess

When I left to Devyn's house, I was scared Ms. Taoug was going to break my leg to stop me. I practically ran as far as I could away from the home. Dev's mom knew about my home life, and didn't question why I was panting when I got to her house.

Devyn drove us to the hotel. Her mom had always been really free about rules and things like that, so she just bought us the room and put a bunch of money in Dev's debit card. Apparently her new job really was great.

"Jess, you have to have a room with a girl. Are you okay with that?" Dev opens the door with her key.

"Yeah, whatever. As long as it's not Cam."

"What?" Cam peaks her head through the door. "Why not me?"

"Because I trust Bree and I used to date Dev." I readjust my bag on my shoulder. "Nothing personal, sorry Cam."

"It is personal! You don't like me!"

"No, Cam-"

"So you want to room with me?"

"No I really don't-"

"So you don't like me!"

"Cam I swear to god, you're just to girlie for me-"

"I'm not good enough for you? Sorry Jess, I didn't know your standard was so high for friendship!"

"Fine! I'm rooming with Cam for the first night!"

"Yay! We're taking this room."

"Obviously. It's the only one with two beds. I will always have that room."

"Whatever, Jess."

She skips to the room, bringing me and her stuff into it. She had a full suitcase, and a backpack. I only had a half full duffel bag.

"Your relationship reminds me of a sibling relationship." Dev snickers.

"I wouldn't ever be related to her." I roll my eyes. "She's too happy all the time."

"That's why you two compliment each other so well." Bree pops in, having already stocked the fridge with the food we had brought. "It's like a magical type of friendship."

"Oh god, stop." I groaned. "You're going to encourage her."

"Encourage who?" She steps back into the room. 

"No one. Don't worry about it, Cam." I sigh. "Which bed did you put my stuff on?"

"The one closer to the window. I have an unreasonable fear of falling through windows if I sleep next to them at night, sorry."

"It's all good." I walk into the room to unpack.

I brought two days of clothes, and some other random stuff. My copy of 'Lord of the Flies', my fake ID, a phone charger, and my pills to help with nausea. I had stolen it from Ms. Taoug's medicine cabinet, and it had been helping so far with my inability to hold food down. At least I wasn't always puking now.

I hid the pills at the bottom of my bag, and set my book on the shelf. I then plugged in my dead phone and went to explore. It was a nice hotel room, with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All the girls decided to share a bathroom, and leave one to me. I put my toothbrush and toothpaste in that bathroom.