001

CHAPTER ONE: "Shit, What Now?" ✦

CHAPTER ONE:
"Shit, What Now?"
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

         EVERY other night Thea had these recurring dreams, she'd been having them ever since they ended up stranded on the island. And in these dreams she and the others would be leaving said island. Every dream was different than the last, sometimes they were rescued, sometimes they built a boat out of the provisions they salvaged in the jungle and found their own way back to civilization.

And other times it wasn't a dream, more like a nightmare. Since she knew that Ward and Rafe were still out there with the cross somewhere, her subconscious took that scary and unsettling information and used it against her in her dreamscape.

Her mind can be such a bitch.

But every time she had the dreams and nightmares, she would shoot up from her slumber and wake to the very same island that she had been stuck on for weeks on end.

But little did she know that this time... it wouldn't be just a dream. And that when she opened her eyes, it would be the last time that she would be standing on that little peninsula in the middle of the Caribbean ocean.

Once more she felt the motion of someone attempting to shake her awake from her dreamless sleep, because last night was one of the nights where she had none. She assumes that it must be JJ again, and a groan leaves her lips as she slaps his hands away. But then, she hears a voice, one that doesn't belong to him. It's Cleo's.

Her eyes flutter open and she sees the alarmed expression washed upon the mocha skinned girl above her, she frowned and her eyes widened ever so slightly as she leans up on her elbows. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's a plane!" Cleo expressed frantically, pointing at the muggy weathered blue skies overhead. "Just up there."

Thea's eyes grew wide, "What?" She shoots up from the sand just as fast as Cleo does, and she walked underneath the cave they all slept inside of and searched the skies. When she spotted the aircraft in the sky, a spiked sense of relief floods through her. "Oh, my god."

"Guys, wake the hell up." Cleo demanded, resulting in the others slowly but surely awaking from their slumbers.

"JJ, hey." Thea says softly, kneeling down to him as the blonde boy's blue eyes fluttered open. "There's a plane."

A look of disbelief crossed his features, "A plane?"

"Yeah." She nodded, pointing to the airplane soaring in the sky. "Do you hear it?"

"Oh shit." JJ nodded, eyes widening slightly. "Yeah, I hear it." She holds out her hand and helps him up, he then walks over to John B who's still sleeping and nudged him with his foot. "Johnny, wake up." He told him, "Get up."