Thirty six: 36

The sun had risen above England, and the national flag waved proudly in the air. In the High Court of England, a young and handsome lawyer, Beomgyu, raised his voice, "Your Honor, she slapped me last night!"

The Judge interjected firmly, "Mr. Choi Beomgyu, you should focus on the victim, not your own grievances. Calm down."

Beomgyu protested further, only to be interrupted by a firm slap across his face, creating a resounding echo in the courthouse hallway.

The Judge spluttered on the water he was drinking, as Beomgyu tumbled to the floor clutching his cheek, his eyes wide with disbelief.

Staring at him was a girl with glasses, clad in lawyer attire. Her long hair fell just below her shoulders, with bangs framing her face. A pair of cat-ear headphones rested on her head.

"That was three days ago, you liar!" The girl protested loudly, attempting to lunge at him, but being held back by others around her.

"YOUR OWNER SHE SLAPPED ME JUST NOW!" Beomgyu reiterated, gesturing towards the girl.

The woman involved in the case suddenly removed her shoe, tossing it towards Beomgyu.

"Talk about me, you stupid jerk!" the woman yelled, her voice filled with frustration.

Beomgyu hurriedly backtracked, "Yes, I'm sorry! Your Honor, this lady was slapped in the face!"

The judge sighed and rolled his eyes, clearly exasperated. People around them sighed in disbelief.

The judge then turned to Beomgyu and asked, "Mr. Choi, you stated that her house was robbed and she wasn't home, so how did she receive a slap?"

The young lawyer persisted, vehemently repeating herself, "He's lying, and so is this woman! She doesn't even own any precious metals or gems! Here is the evidence to prove it!"

The girl lawyer quickly approached the judge, presenting him with papers and photos as evidence. As the judge reviewed the documents, he looked up at Beomgyu, a hint of skepticism in his eyes.

Beomgyu exclaimed, gesturing towards the lady's husband, "He ate her chocolates!"

The husband, standing in front of his wife, raised his voice, "Here's the two pounds, sir!" Handing the money to his wife.

The judge scrutinized the chocolate in his hand, then declared, "The London dairy tasty very very chocolate costs only two pounds."

The lady, frustrated, turned to Beomgyu, who awkwardly averted his gaze. The girl lawyer pointed out, "Your Honor, that chocolate was never stolen. The husband gave it to his wife himself, yet he still gave her two pounds. Doesn't that demonstrate his innocence?"

Beomgyu squirmed under the judge's gaze.

Beomgyu scowled at the girl, who responded by sticking her tongue out at him. Suddenly, the judge banged his gavel, silencing him.

"Mr. John has been proven innocent," the judge declared.

Before Beomgyu could protest, the judge cut him off once more, "Be quiet, Choi, and eat this London dairy."

The bailiff quickly retrieved the chocolate and handed it to Beomgyu, who begrudgingly unwrapped it and ate it, sulking the entire time.

The judge thanked the jury for their service and announced, "This case is dismissed!"

As Beomgyu reached for another bite, the chocolate was abruptly snatched from his grasp. Glancing up, he saw the very girl he'd been opposing earlier, who promptly gobbled it down.