143 II

Credits: https://havethetimeofyourstyles.tumblr.com/
Word Count: 10.1k

"What do you want to talk about?" You asked, brows pinched together.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you for quite a while now, but I just wanted to talk. I hate how we ended things..." he said remorsefully. You tried not to fall for the pouty look he was giving you as if he knew quite well you would fall for it.

"It's been six months, Max," you reminded him. You and Max had an ugly breakup, and you had been picking up your own pieces yourself. You two had been together for nearly a year until he started to act differently. Noticing that he was going home late, staying at the bars until the early hours of the morning, and being quite rude and dismissive towards you, it ended in a screaming match where he ended up spitting out rude comments at you–calling you ugly, useless, and boring. It also caused him to confess that he was cheating on you for half the time you were together with him, and you thought that was a lie he made up just to make you angry, but a month after the breakup, you had found out that was true because you had accidentally bumped into the girl he was cheating on you with. At the time, you couldn't blame him because the girl was absolutely gorgeous and seemed a lot of fun, but now, you know your worth and you absolutely didn't deserve that whatsoever.

For six months, you hadn't seen him, but he had been leaving you countless calls to the gym phone. However, Max wouldn't dare to step foot in the gym ever again because Don had clearly threatened him when he saw Max on the street, pinning him up against the brick wall by his shirt and yelling in his face that if he ever came close to you or the gym ever again, he wouldn't see the end of the day.

Don would've lost his shit if he saw Max in front of you.

"This is pointless. I was fine living my life for the past six months without you. In fact, I haven't even thought about you until you showed up. Couldn't you see I was doing just fine? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Your tone was scornful, not wanting to be in front of him anymore but instead the lovely man inside.

"I just assumed you wanted some sort of closure..."

"If I wanted closure, then I would've called you. But I don't need closure. I was doing okay-"

"With who? That man inside the restaurant?" He interrupted, brows raised. His demeanour suddenly changed just because you had given him the slightest bit of attitude. Max went from soft, wanting forgiveness to the Max that you saw last–completely offensive, rude, and a dickhead.

"Yeah, his name is Harry, by the way. I was doing okay until you showed up!" You rolled your eyes, making your way back inside to Harry, who was waiting for you inside.

Of course, Max wasn't done until he got the last word, so he yelled out, "You know, whatever you're doing with him, he's gonna leave you; just like how I left you." You slowly turned around, heart aching as his words had definitely done something this time. "You think Harry cares about you Y/N? Think again, he's gonna leave you and you're gonna be alone. You're nothing, Y/N–not without me, at least. You aren't worth anything, and you had to take over your dad's gym to feel like you are. Stop fooling yourself."

Your eyes watered, trying your hardest not to let them slip from your eyes. You had already felt weak tearing up in front of him, so you couldn't imagine what he would think if you bawled your eyes out. Suddenly, you heard the bell above the restaurant door chime. You didn't bother turning around, but you somehow knew that it was Harry who was behind you.

"Everything alright here?" Harry asked warily, eyes pointed towards you.

"Yeah, man. See you, Y/N." With that, he walked away, hopefully for good. Harry knew everything wasn't alright with how you're ready to burst into tears. As much as he wanted to follow him, force an answer out of him as to why you were in such distress, he was more worried about you.