Y3: No Hand Holding

A/N ~ Hey! Hope you are liking the story so far! And yea yea i know there's not much romance between Harry and Y/N yet, but it's coming !! You guys will be getting an extra chapter this week *inserts cheering sound effect* anyways, enjoy!

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

Y/N felt her stomach drop. Sirius Black was inside of Hogwarts. Students were muttering things to the people around them and occasionally people would scream in shock. Y/N started to back away from the chaos when Dumbledore stopped her.

"Y/N I'm afraid its not safe for you to roam around the castle in these circumstances, you can stay with your fellow 3rd years." said Dumbledore as his hand was gripped onto Y/N's shoulder.

"Why can't I just go to my common room?" asked Y/N.

"You will stay with the Gryffindors for now," he said sternly. Y/N nodded in agreement.

A few minutes later, Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors and Y/N to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students of Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to search the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here..."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh yes, you'll be needing..."

After one casual wave of his wand the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered in hundreds of purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the doors behind him.

The moment Dumbledore shut the doors the hall began to buzz excitedly. The Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened. Y/N on the other hand kept her mouth shut and began looking for her Slytherin friends.

"Y/N what happened? Tell us everything!" Pansy demanded as the other Slytherins emerged behind her.

"Sirius Black is here. He tried to break into the Gryffindor common room." Y/N told them.

The group of Slytherins shot Y/N with an absurd amount of questions. Y/N looked at them blankly, she didn't know where to start.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Gryffindor's Head Boy. "Come on now! No more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon," Y/N said to Pansy and Daphne. The three of them grabbed sleeping bags and dragged them into a corner.

"Do you think Black is still in the castle?" Daphne whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks so," said Blaise.

"When did you get here?" asked Y/N loudly.

"I've been here the entire time, dingus," the boy said smoothly.

"Will you two shut up for merlin's sake!" hissed Pansy.

"Sorry—"

"Anyways, are we really sure we believe Dumbledore," the black haired girl said.

"Y/N was literally there Pansy." stated Daphne.

Pansy shrugged and began getting comfortable in her sleeping bag.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said the bushy haired Gryffindor.

"What?" said the Slytherins in union.