Y3: The Truth Unfolds

A/N ~ so sorry for the delay for this chapter! Its the last chapter of third year so enjoy :)

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

"If you weren't helping, how did you know he was here?" Harry demanded.

"The Marauders Map," he responded. "You lended it to me only a few hours ago — i came when i saw your four names, Sirius's, and —"

"How did you know how to use the map?" Y/N snapped.

"Oh, that's because I wrote." he answered calmly, "Along with my other friends, padfoot, prongs and..." he paused before saying the last name, Sirius practically started growling, "wormtail," he finished for him.

"That makes you moony," Y/N said, "Makes sense."

"You wrote it?," Harry gaped.

"The point is, I saw your names on the map, walking by Hagrids and his pumpkin patch. But there was someone trailing along with you."

"Hm, I wonder, Sirius Black perhaps!" Y/N challenged, cocking her head to the side.

"No, Sirius came after, someone was with you the enter time from Hagrid's hut —"

"Bull! No one was with us!" Y/N said stubbornly. Harry nodded his head rapidly.

"The map never lies."

"Enough talking, Remus!" Sirius bellowed. "A man, who was known to be dead is right here in this room!" he exclaimed like a mad man.

"Peter Pettigrew!"

"Ridiculous," Hermione shouted.

"Pettigrews dead!" Harry yelled.

"Yea! You killed him years ago!" Ron shot at Black.

"I thought so too, Pettigrew is in the room," he started again, "He's right there!" he said, pointing at Ron.

"Me?" Ron shouted, "You're mad!" his voice trembled.

"Not you! Your rat!"

"Scabbers?" Ron said, offended. "He's been in our family for —"

"12 years! Suspiciously long time for a normal garden rat, and he's missing a toe isn't he!"

"So what?" Ron hugged his rat to his chest.

" Pettigrew cut off his finger, staging his death," he continued. Everyone in the room looked baffled, not understanding one word coming out of the man's mouth. "He's an animagus!"

"Not only did he put his death on me, but he did something far, far worse. He ratted Lily and James Potter out to Voldemort!" he said painfully. "So I went after him, he led me to the streets, bombed it, killing a dozen innocent muggles. Then he transformed, he made everything seem like it was my fault," he choked.

The teens fell silent. Everything was adding up, but could Scabbers really be Peter Pettigrew?

"Look what we have here," someone sneered.

They all faced the door and found a smirking Snape at the doorway. Snape began walking forwards and pointed his wand at Lupin and Sirius.

"Ahhh, vengeance is sweet," said Snape. "I told Dumbledore that you were helping Black get into the castle, but he didn't listen."

"Snivellus," Sirius growled.

"Snivellus," Y/N snorted. Snape glared at her with hatred she'd never seen before.

"Severus, let me explain." Remus began.

"I'm afraid there's no need for that," Snape grinned dangerously. "I know everything. Now, I'm going to take you and Black up to the castle. Everyone will know what you really are and the dementors will get that kiss from Black that they have so been longing for."