"Stupid, stupid.."(Wiatt&Kid!Y/N)

TW?:Repetition of words, self blame.

"Hah! I won again!"

"Um, one more time! Let's play one more time and see who's the TRUE winner! Please..?" I asked my twin sibling, Harper, but they just shook their head and left me by the arcade machine, in defeat.

We were at Dreamworld Entertainment with some friends, and more specifically, on the arcade's floor. I wasn't the best at arcade games, but I managed. However, Harper is a MASTER at these sort of games, so I always lose to them..

Even though they're just stupid arcade games, it still kinda hurts when I lose. It's always rubbed in my face the fact I lost, so y'know.

I got snapped out of my thoughts when I look up and... Don't see Harper or anyone I know. God, I should stop wandering around when I'm thinking! Not only do I embarrass myself by losing, but I also get lost!? Great. JUST GREAT!

I started to walk around the whole facility to find at least one of my friends. But anywhere I looked, they weren't there! StarAct, The Madhouse, RollerRink, and so on so forth. Nowhere!

I thought that looking around the arcade more would help me find them faster so I went back up there. I wandered around for a bit until I felt defeated a second time.. I always do this! I always get lost, ask no one for help, then just cry inside until I get the courage to ask for someone's phone to call my parents or just an adult.

Why can't I just act like normal kids!? Just cry my eyes out until an adult takes me to security and calls my guardian!

Instead, I'm just sitting on a stupid chair, in this stupid arcade, with some stupid tears forming in my eyes and internally yelling at myself!

I just want to go home! But it's only the second time I've been to this place, so I don't remember the way back home! This is so stupid, stupid,...

"..Stupid, stupid, stupid..." I mumbled to myself. I see two tears falling on my shorts and I start to cry silently. God, if I do find my friends, or they find me, I hope they won't see me like this..-

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice. An older voice, or at least lower than mine. I looked up to see a worker with short light brown hair, glasses, and had a worried expression while crossing his arms. Not in an intimidating way, just looked like he didn't know where to place his arms.

I just stood there and was truly speechless. I didn't know how to respond. Either way, whether it'd be yes or no, I'd have to tell him that I am lost and scared, but I couldn't get any words out!

I was like a printing machine without ink, except I wasn't missing anything to justify my lack of words! I'm just stupid! Stupid! Stupid!-

"Woah there kid! No need to cry anymore. Can you just tell me what happened?" He put his hands on my shoulders and it made me look up again. I was crying my eyes out, I could only get two words out.

"I-I'm.. L-lost..." This crying won't stop! I just... Can't stop crying, stuttering, freaking out, I just can't!

His concerned face turned into one of relization, then into empathy. "Come on kid," he extended his hand to me, "let's get you in the lobby. I heard from my coworker that some kids lost their friend, so maybe it's them?"

My crying calms down and I hold his hand as I got up. He was leading me to the lowest floor, the lobby, and there was a silence the whole time until I looked at his name tag.

"Thanks mister Wiatt.." I sniffed and wipped the remaining tears.

He looked startled by the fact I, a random kid he's never seen before, knew his name until he seemed to remember he wore a name tag.

"Oh! No problem kid. I can't leave a kid crying their eyes out alone when I literally have the oportunity to help them out." He chuckled as the last part was said.

"How did you get lost anyways?"

"Well, I was in the arcade with my friends and playing with my twin. They won, I got too deep in my thoughts and they must have not noticed I was left behind." I looked up at Wiatt as I explained.

He nodded and listened to me. Wow, first time an adult payed attention to my stories. I like mister Wiatt!<D (take that as you want-)

As we continued walking he told me about his coworkers and I told him about my classmates and friends, then we finally arrived in the lobby at the front desk. My twin and all my friends were there and we reunited.

We still had time in our stay at the facility so we went to the RaceTrack floor. Before that, we said goodbye to mister Wiatt, and he waved a goodbye back as he started heading upstairs, probably back to his shift.
.
.
.
Words: 860 Words
(Sorry I've been absent recently, I got a new phone, school stuff, aka the test I have tomorrow, and YouTube stuff on my main channel.

If you'd like to support my YT channel, I can put a link in my bio or on here:) Ba-Bye!<3
Link: https://youtube.com/@larisam.k.6099 or name: Larisa M.K.👑🎗️)