Chapter 4

Mariam settled down on the floor of the rooftop as she started crying her heart out craving for some peace in her life. Crying out all the pain and anger she's feeling right now in her broken heart. Tears streaming down her brown skin nonstop.

She stayed there for minutes crying, some people say 'the way of tears is the way to comfort ' and that's what she's doing now. Crying to feel comfortable.

She was deeply crying that she failed to notice someone at aiding right above her, she was deep into the cry that she even failed to notice when the rooftop's door was open.

When she heard the sound of someone clearing their throat, she slowly raised her head to look up at who is here to disturb her session if peace, only to notice that it is Ahmad standing in front of her now with his hands in the pocket of his designer suits.

He sometimes enters the roof top to have a better view of the city form up here, but he was shocked to see the receptionist crying here. He never intended on making her cry or so he thought.

He couldn't believe that small warning he gave her made her cry like this. At least to him, it was a small warning, only that he did not know the problems going on in Mariam's life and he apparently does not care to know.

"look....we don't cry here in my company."Ahmad said to the girl that is looking at him with red eyes.

When he did not get a reply from her, Ahmad sighed before outstretching his hand to give her a pure white handkerchief which he pulled out from his pocket.

Mariam refused to collect it and simply kept looking at him wondering why he is even still standing in front of her. Ahmad dropped the handkerchief on her head when she refused to collect it from his hand.

She finally carried it after some seconds and used it to clean her tears sighing at the comforting scent of the handkerchief. Mariam's  tears suddenly started falling again, she hate herself for crying in front of this heartless boss of hers. She just wish he could just leave the place and allow her to cry in peace. Rather he did the partial opposite.

Ahmad watched her inquisitively as she cries constantly wiping the tears off as they fall, some part of him hopes he is not the cause for the tears of hers to be falling like this. It definitely has to be something else He thought.

Ahmad waited for her sobs to calm down before reaching out for his phone. He dialed Amir's number straight away, Amir and Ahmad had been friends since when they met in the mosque a long time ago before Amir even got married. Since then, they became friends, though not close enough to be called best friends.

"Kai Mallam, come and carry your wife." Ahmad said as soon as Amir answered the phone.

"Yes, I'm giving her a day off for today only." Ahmad said in reply to something Amir said through the phone.

He hung up the call and put his phone back into his pocket.

"He's coming to take you home."Ahmad said to Mariam who is already standing up now internally surprised that Ahmad Bukar Ayo is actually giving her a day off, just wow.

"Thank you. " She said and outstretched her hand to give him back his handkerchief.

"Keep it with you, you need it more because I don't usually cry." Ahmad said refusing to collect the used handkerchief back.

Mariam frowned instantly "hey, I don't usually cry too." She defended herself wishing Ahmad could feel the type of pain she is feeling in her heart. Then maybe he might understand.

Ahmad acted as if he did not hear her as he exited the door of the rooftop going straight to enter the elevator, as the elevators door closed, he placed a hand on his left chest where he could feel his heart beating wildly.

Strange He thought bringing his hand down from his chest.

Mariam on the other hand, went down using the other elevator and carried her bag, she then went out of the building only to see Amir standing beside his blue worn out Peugeot.

He quickly walked to her and stood in front of her acting as if he had not deceived her before.

Mariam totally ignored his presence and stopped a taxi explaining to the taxi driver where she wants to go, she then entered inside and the taxi driver started driving the car while humming a song that sounded disturbing to Mariam who just wanted some peace now. Some quietness.

________________________________
Vote
Share
Comment

_H_O_V