Chapter 9

Mariam finally prayed in peace staying on her prayer mat till she had finished reciting all of her morning azkar, before she got up from the prayer mat. She folded her prayer mat, together with the long hijab tying a white Jersey veil to cover her hair. Mariam checked the time to see that it's quite early to say she's going to office now so she sat on the bed carrying her phone to see a missed call from her best friend, Hussaina.

Mariam was about to call her back when Hussaina called Mariam instead, she picked the call putting it on speaker mode before going on to order food from the hotel using the hotel's telephone.

"Mariam, how are you ?" Hussaina asked hoping to hear a positive response.

Mariam returned to the phone before replying "I don't know the appropriate answer to that, I don't even know wether I'm good or not Hussaina."

"I'm divorced." Mariam said to her best friend who started shouting like crazy out of excitement.

"I got divorced, Allah is angry with me and you are shouting of excitement." Mariam said slightly worried.

"And who said Allah is angry with you ? Allah knows why he let this divorce to happen." Hussaina responded.

Mariam scoffed trying her best to believe what Hussaina said with a nod of her head, a few more talks was down before they high said their goodbyes to each i her and cut the call.

Mariam sighed, just then her order arrived and she finished the food before carrying her handbag and exited the room only to hear a shout from the next room from Ahmad who seems to be yelling something across the line "Room service should appear now now !!"

Mariam chuckled at how this Ahmad easily gets riled up before she walked towards the elevator going to the first floor of the building. She exited the hotel and quickly hoped in a taxi.

Mariam almost cursed when she realized that she left her phone in her hotel room, she quickly stopped the taxi driver and hopped down rushing back into the hotel as she impatiently tapped the elevator to open and when it did she quickly entered and rushed to her room.

Mariam walked out after picking her phone pausing when she heard someone scolding Ahmad from open door of his room.
"...just look at these now Ya Ahmad. I told you to go for a therapy so that what ever nightmare you are having will stop but you just never listen. You're just so stubborn and ——."Mariam heard a girls voice saying as she walked towards the elevator.

Mariam was relieved to see that the taxi driver is still waiting for her so she simply entered and he started driving the car towards the company she previously told him to take her to.

The Star Multimedia Company.

________________________________
Vote
Share
Comment

_H_O_V