10.

Isaac leaped, flipping over a crate of contents, running down the path, kicking off a table and running more until he leaped onto a support beam and jumped onto Derek who then pushed Isaac onto the floor with little effort and only using one hand. Isaac hit the ground with a groan.

    Isaac stood and made his way back down to his starting position. He jumped, flipping over the crate, heading down the path where he kicked off the table, running some more until he leaped onto the support beam and leaped onto Derek who, once again, pushed him down to the floor with little to no effort, one hand only, resulting in the curly haired boy to crash onto the floor once more.

    This happened a few more times, each being the same movements; the same dramatic flips, the same leaps like a horse over a hurdle and the same alpha throwing the beta to the floor with zero effort. Boyd and Dylan sat on the stairs, watching it happen. Boyd laughed each time Isaac hit the ground and Dylan just groaned in annoyance at the boy doing the same things over and over again with no effect.

    Then, something new that caught Dylan off guard; Erica jumped from the top of the rusted train cart and onto Derek. But, even though it was caught by surprise, it ended in the same result - Derek using absolutely no strength and pushing Erica to the floor beside Isaac using only one hand. Derek grumbled in annoyance, turning away from his pack.

    "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?"

    Almost instantly as Derek finished his question, Erica rose from the ground and jumped onto Derek, wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck, completely making out with him. Dylan was taken aback, eye wide. It was hard to tell whether he was enjoying it or not. He allowed it to happen for several seconds before pushing her back onto the ground beside Isaac. Then he wiped at his mouth, annoyed, once more.

    "That's the last time you do that," Derek said, turning away after giving her the stink eye.

    "Why?" Erica questioned. "'Cause I'm a Beta?"

    Boyd had stood from his seat beside Dylan on the stairs, but Dylan had stayed put, hands cupped in front of her. "No," Derek answered. "It's because I have someone else in mind for you."

    "Are we done?" Isaac asked. He sat up with a groan, wrapped his arms around his knees. "'Cause I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

    Derek flashed him a look as if he cared. He crouched in front of Isaac. "Let me see." Isaac handed Derek his arm. Then he bent it backwards, breaking his arm. Isaac let out a painful scream. Dylan jumped in her seat. "Hundred and one." He kept a hold of Isaac's arm in the painful position as he kept speaking.

    "You think I'm teaching you how to fight, huh? Look at me!" Dylan flinched. As did Erica and Boyd. Isaac looked frightened. And considering what he went through with his father, he had the right. "I'm teaching you how to survive!" Derek let go of Isaac's arm and stood up. He turned away from them, running a hand over his face.

    "If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now?" Isaac asked Derek, voice rising. Derek turned around to face them. "What are they waiting for?"

    "I don't know," Derek replied. "But they're planning something, and you, especially you," directed at Isaac, "and you," directed now at Dylan, "know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I found out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

    Everyone was silent for some time, the Beta's staring at their Alpha and the Alpha staring at each one of his Beta's.

    Dylan sat there awkwardly then checked the time on her watch. "Um," Dylan said, clearing her throat. "As fun as it is to watch you getting your asses handed to you." Isaac looked at her, offended. "I gotta run."