1

All my life, I have been hurt. I always think that I won't get hurt worse than I have in the past... but my thoughts about that immediately jinx me. I get hurt worse... and I have no way to stop it. The worst I have ever been hurt... I don't know. I have never felt anything but pain... not happiness... not joy... nor anger... not excitement... nothing. I have not smiled in twelve years- I cannot bring myself to.

At school, I am known as the emotionless girl- I don't even cry or show any emotion because I will most likely hurt myself and make myself vulnerable to others... to those who will just break me down. The only people I have are my brothers, Tyler and Kane Ratan. I hardly ever see them, though, because Kane is in the popular group, a band, and Tyler manages them.

Sure, I see Tyler at home, but Kane lives with his friends and hardly ever wants to visit. I am just in the background- they don't do anything when I am being harmed by classmates. I have been burnt with a hot hair straightener... nearly drowned, suffocated, and stripped to where only my bra and underwear were on my skinny, pale body before being whipped. That ain't even the worst of it... nobody ever helps.

"Rosalie!" Tyler screams for me downstairs and I flinch. "We're gonna be late!" I straighten my hoodie before running downstairs, where he sighs. "Why are you always taking so long to put on your usual clothes?" I run my fingers through my straight, brown hair and then look at him before speaking without emotion, "Sorry. Can we go now?" He rolls his eyes playfully, "Let's go!"

We leave the house and like usual, he drops me off away from the school because neither he nor Kane want me to be known as their sister. He speeds off and I begin walking, a short sigh leaving my lips, I never asked for this. When I arrive at school, everything goes silent as everyone watches me walk through the halls. I get my backpack out of my locker and go to my first class, Geometry. The one class that every student hates.

Due to us having no assigned seats in that class, I sit in the back while Kane sits with his group in the front as he gives me occasional glances, eventually being caught by his friends. Tyler has calculus as his first class- I honestly felt a lot of sympathy for him. I look out the window, putting on my headphones and drowning myself out of reality and into the world of music.

I am brought back to reality by the teacher, Mrs. Jacobs, shaking my shoulder gently. She is the only person who never hurt me before- she understands why I listen to music so she lets me as long as it doesn't mess with my grades. I took off my headphones and she said, "Here's your assignment. Try to get it done, okay?" I nodded and took out a pencil before putting my headphones back on; I drowned out my surroundings and concentrated on the assignment.

Once I am done, I go to the front of the class and turn the assignment in. As I go to walk back to my seat, I am purposely tripped. I hit the ground, preventing myself from my entire body hitting it by holding out my hands, with a loud slamming noise. "Rosalie, are you okay?" Mrs. Jacobs asks and I get up before replying in my usual emotionless voice, "Yeah. I am fine." I then walk to my seat and inspect my hands- they are red and tingling.