6

"I'll go cook you some soup. Kane will stay with you, okay?" I nod and then Tyler walks out, leaving me and Kane all alone on my bed- Kane is sitting while I am obviously lying down.

"Rosie..." Kane pauses after using the nickname he has given me before the world turned on me. "...I am sorry." "I already said it is okay. After you go home, you can pretend I don't exist... it's fine."

He looks at me with tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry." He repeats as I say, again, "It's okay." "Do you know what I am apologizing for?" He asks and I reply, "No."

"I'm terribly sorry... I am sorry I cannot see your smile anymore... I am sorry I hurt you... I am sorry I don't come over anymore... I am sorry I ignore you at school... I am so sorry that I am part of the reason you hide your emotions." He says and I pause before looking at him.

 "It's okay... I forgive you. Even if you weren't to be sorry, I would still forgive you." I say and look into his eyes before pulling him into a hug. I lean back in my bed and squeeze my eyes shut as my head starts hurting like a bitch. 

I feel something touching my head, and after I flinch, I realize it is only Kane pecking my head to try to help the pain.

"Did that help?" He asks and I nod, "Yeah... it helped." I begin to cough painfully, my throat feeling even drier. "But right now, I need some water. Damn- it feels like my throat is a dry ass desert."

Kane laughs while I cry inside and then he says, "I will go get you some water." He gets up and leaves the room, but I can still hear him going down the stairs.

Everything goes silent before he returns with a cup of water while brushing his fingers through his hair to remove the hair in front of his face. He hands me the cup and I drink it all, feeling relief wash over, before putting the cup on a coaster on my bedside table. 

I begin to feel tired so I yawn and Kane tucks me in before I ask, "Can you stay here with me?" He hesitates before climbing in bed, "I'll wake you up when Tyler comes with the soup." I nod and then my eyes close, letting my imagination take over.

 I am shaken awake gently by Kane and my eyes open to reveal Tyler standing there with soup and a spoon. "Do you want to eat on your own or do you want one of us to feed you?" I think to myself for a minute before saying, "One of you can. My arm still hurts." It is true- her nail indents are still there.