20

After a few hours, we are forced to go home.

For weeks, we go see Rosalie but there is never a sign of life or movement. Due to it, everyone except for me starts losing hope... I keep hope in case that's what is keeping her alive. 

We are staying with Tyler, he is a bad mess too. I walk downstairs, my keys in hand, and all of the noises stop, leaving the house dead silent. "Oli, where are you going?" Kane's cracking voice asks me from behind, and I look behind me to see his broken figure sitting on the couch. "I am going to check on Rosalie."

"Why do you do this to yourself?" Sebastian asks and I reply, "Just because you guys have given up, that doesn't mean I have... or will." I don't understand how they could just give up on her. "It'll be better if you stop hoping for a lost cause." "What lost cause?" I reply with tears in my eyes, "Rosalie is never going to wake up- it has been 3 weeks yet she is still lying there unconscious! She's as good as dead, I'm sorry, but she is."

Anger goes through my veins as I scream in agony and sadness, "My girlfriend is not dead!" "Girlfriend? You're dating my sister, Oliver?" Tyler asks and I ignore him. I say, "Just watch. She will wake up and be in horrible pain physically... and mentally, due to the people she thinks care about her won't be there when she awakes." I walk out and get in my car. I quickly drive away and within half an hour, I arrive at the hospital. I hurry to her room and see her lifeless, pale body exactly how it was yesterday.

I fall to my knees by her side and start sobbing as I hold her limp hand. "Wake up." I say and choke back the tears as I look down. Suddenly, her hand starts to twitch and my head snaps up as I wipe my eyes with my free hand. She squeezes my hand and tries to open her eyes, failing to do so. My breath hitches as her eyes finally open and land on me. "Oli?" Her voice sounds shaky, and I begin to cry again. This time, though, it is out of relief.

"Rosalie, you're awake." I try to smile, shaking as I try to stop crying. "Stop crying, okay?" She smiles back at me and then asks, "Where are the others?" I freeze, What do I tell her? I cannot tell her that they gave up on her. "They are," I struggle to find my words. "At Tyler's house. They are all worried sick. Hold on, I am going to call them to tell them you are awake." She nods and I walk out in the hallway, taking out my phone and calling Regie. "Hello?" "Regie, put me on speaker." "You are on speakerphone. What is it?" "It's Rosalie."

"What happened with Rosie?" Kane asks in the background and I reply with a soft chuckle and a smile on my face, "She is awake. My girlfriend woke up-" They hang up and I sigh in disappointment before walking back into her room, telling her, "They're on their way." She nods and I try my hardest to smile at her.

I sit down on a chair by her and she turns on the television, Tom and Jerry coming on. We start watching it and about an hour later, the boys barge in and I look at them without emotion, trying not to show my anger. "Rosie!" Kane screams before engulfing her in a hug, and she sits there before responding, "Hey, Kane."

He lets go of her and then Tyler sobs, "I can't believe you're awake." "Well damn, I could have stayed asleep if you'd wanted me to." "No- I didn't mean that!" "Chill, Tyler. I know- I am kidding." He smiles before chuckling and hugging her as he pecks the top of her head. "Is your head feeling better?" Ryan blurts out and Rosalie looks at him in shock as it is unexpected for him to say that. "Well," He asks, "is it?"

She nods and I smile, happy she is not in absolute pain anymore. "Yes, it does feel better. It doesn't feel like I was hit by a semi anymore- just like I accidentally hit my head softly on a cabinet." "Good, because Oliver should be able to kiss your forehead without worrying about hurting you." She looks at me in shock and I look away. Wow, what a nice ceiling! I think before she asks, "You guys know?"

"Yeah- we figured it out due to how badly you being in a coma had affected him. It hurt him more than Kane and Tyler." Sebastian lies, covering for me. She probably will kill me if she figures it out. "Oh really?" She asks surprised and I immediately start nodding rapidly. At least he isn't lying about how bad it hurt me... and at least this is saving me from the wrath of getting beaten by her.

After hours of talking, we are forced to leave once again. Now that Rosalie is awake, I am not okay with leaving her alone, what if she gets lonely? When we walk out of her room, I ask her doctor, "Doc, when will she be okay to go home?" "She is free to leave tomorrow but she isn't to return to school till Monday!" It is currently Wednesday and even though she can go home tomorrow, I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone in this hospital.

"She'll be fine, Oli." Ryan says and I look at him, trying my best to smile. "She may not be 100% well, but at least she's awake and able to go home tomorrow." I nod and then Kane hugs me before whispering in my ear, "Hurt her, break her heart or make her cry and I will kill you." I nod again and then he smiles at me before we leave the hospital. I look at the hospital as we get in the van and drive away, not a thought in my mind... just her.

When we get home, I go to my room and sit down on my bed before looking out the window, seeing a bird fly by. "Oliver," I look towards my door and see Kane standing there. "Can we talk?" I nod, "Sure... what's up?" He sits down on my bed right next to me and asks, "What makes you think you deserve to date my sister?" "I don't... she deserves the world- not me."