CHAPTER TEN - Powers

We were jogging down another corridor when Leo suddenly spoke to me.

"Your friend was talking about some kind of power?" He asked me. Mikey soon chimed in.

"Yeah! What kind of powers do you have?" Mikey smirked, looking down at me. We all stopped as I prepared to demonstrate my abilities.

"Leo, can you think of something that makes you...sad?" I asked. He shrugged, closing his eyes.

I saw the blue aura begin to emerge from his figure. I then held my hand out and focused to channel into his thoughts.

"Sensei...don't worry, we're gonna take down Shredder, and then we're gonna save you." I heard an echo in his mind.

"You're doubtful about Sensei?" I asked. Leo's eyes widened, and he nodded at me.

"So you can read minds?" Donnie asked.

"Well...it's more than that," I began explaining. "I can see these...auras around people that depict their emotions. If they're happy, angry, sad, or afraid, I can channel into their minds and find out what makes them feel that way,"

"If whatever they're feeling is strong enough...then it begins infecting me," I closed my eyes and sighed, crossing my arms. "And then I lose control,"

"Wait..." Raphael put a hand on my shoulder. "You could tell I felt guilty in the van because of your...power, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "I can even take people's emotions away from them if I want to...but I never quite understood the risks of doing so. What would it do to me? More importantly...what would it do to the person I'm taking the emotions from?"

"Wait, Raph felt guilty?" Mikey teased. "Aw, you big, cuddly, teddy bear!" He then hugged Raph, who quickly shoved him away and crossed his arms.

"Shut up..."

We all laughed for a short moment. "Some power. Are you planning to use it against Shredder?" Donnie asked me.

"You think Shredder feels emotions?" I asked. We all began laughing once more.

Though the secret's out...I feel it's better that way.