CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Restless

Rowan, the turtles, and I all went back to the Lair for Splinter. April went off to go find Vern.

As we got back, Splinter was found lying on an oddly comfortable-looking makeshift bed. I handed Donnie the mutagen as we all crowded around him.

"Okay, the mutagen is now entering his bloodstream," He informed us as we all leaned in closer.

"Master Splinter?" Mikey asked, "Why isn't it working yet?"

"Mikey," Splinter spoke, barely above a whisper, "Mikey, come closer." He whispered something into his ear.

"What did he say?" Leo asked anxiously.

"He said, 'Please get your knee off my chest.'" We all sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank god..." I heard Rowan whisper.

As Rowan and I were getting ready to leave the lair, Master Splinter approached the two of us. "I would like to thank you and your friend. Not only did you help to save the city, but you helped save my life. Thank you."

We smiled softly. "You're welcome, Sensei...we're happy to have helped-" I suddenly hissed, covering the wound on my head with my hand, clutching my side in pain.

"I should get him to a hospital," Rowan laughed nervously, the turtles laughing along with him.

I received immediate care at the hospital. A day later, I was ready to be released and sent home with Rowan. I took a shower, dressed, and collapsed into bed, getting the rest I so desperately needed after such a stress-filled move.

The next day, I turned on the news to see footage of the aftermath. Shredder was in custody, but they somehow identified one out of the three of us, April O'Neil. I'm sure she's getting the attention she deserves, and one hell of a good story...she deserves it.

"We are currently still searching for the two unidentified male figures seen beside our fellow Newscaster, April O'Neil. If anyone has word of any other suspects who may have been involved, please contact us at Channel 6 News." The newscaster spoke.

"Oh, eat my ass-" Rowan scoffed, turning the television off. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. This whole 'event' drew so much attention towards the two of us. It was sickening.

I don't care if I survived for if I died, this isn't the attention I want, and I'm sure Rowan doesn't want it either.

"Hey, you wanna go get some pizza?" He turned to look at me. "I already ordered some, it's on its way." I winked, smirking at him. We shared a short moment of laughter, and turned to the apartment door as the bell rang.

All in a days work. Good job, Korren...