CHAPTER TWELVE - Collapse

"I know why you want to do this...I know what you've done in the past to try and carry this plan out. I know about Sacks, I know about it all," I said in a threatening tone of voice. Shredder backed away.

"You want to do this not because you're angry, not because you're sad, or afraid...you're just pure evil. Plain and simple." I continued, stepping closer.

We were connected, paralyzed. Faint glows of gold, red, blue, and purple flashed around us, a visible and metaphorical light in the darkness.

"You want to look away and pretend these people you hurt aren't people...just test subjects. Little ants for you to pick apart and observe. But...we just won't let you."

"You know nothing of what I intend-" I quickly cut him off. "Bullshit. Stop trying to pull away...I'm not done talking."

"Mr. O'Neil...let's start with him." I pondered. "He was a brilliant scientist. He trusted Sacks with his work...he even shared samples of mutagen with him. Then, he found you out...and you killed him." I explained.

"Then Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Mikey, and Master Splinter. They hid for so long...living together as a family, growing nimble and strong. These turtles saved my life, and the life of many others...still, you want to kill them for trying to stop you."

"And then...there's Rowan and I," I heard my voice break. "For so long I've been looking for a place that I can call home...and every time, it's never what it seems. But New York City has changed me and him for the better. And still...you want us dead."

"I see the truth about you, Oroku Saki. I know who you truly are. I've seen the best and worst parts of you," I paused for a moment.

"And I-" A sudden scream snapped me out of focus, causing me to turn around to see both April and Rowan standing behind me.

"Shredder!" April screamed at the top of her lungs.

"This is all that's left!" Rowan smirked, holding up the canister of mutagen with April.

He grunted, quickly flying over to them. "That belongs to me,"

Shredder had a sudden burst of speed, snatching the canister and taking both April and Rowan down with him as the tower came crashing down.

"NO!" I yelled, tapping into my Adrenaline bank.

I heard the turtles running behind me. Rowan jumped over the edge to help April. We all formed a chain, I clung to Rowan with a death grip, being sure as to not let him go as he held onto April.
"It's okay, I got you!" He said, reassuring her.

"Swing me towards him!" She demanded.

Shredder pulled out a blade, catching my attention.

Rowan noticed it too, tossing his gun up to me.

"Korren, grab it!" He yelled.

I did so, grabbing the firearm mid-air and taking the shot. Shredder dropped the blade, and Rowan then swung April towards Shredder. With a bold cry and a strong kick from April, Shredder lost his grip, falling into the city of people below.

We all climbed back up to the tower and clung onto the rails for dear life. I took the mutagen from April's hands and secured it to my waist.

Suddenly, the tower creaked. Rowan and I looked at each other, intertwining hands and screaming as the tower crashed into a billboard.

"I think this is it, guys!" Donnie yelled.

"Does anyone have anything they want to say?" Leo asked, "Donnie?"

"I'm the one who likes the icing off of the pop-tarts every morning and puts them back in the box!" He yelled as we hit a second billboard.

"I so did not understand the ending of Lost!" Mikey yelled out as we continued falling.

"Raph?"

"I, uh...If this is our last moment together, I just want you guys to know, I'm sorry!" He began, "I'm sorry I was so hard on you. Every time I pushed you, I threatened you, I yelled at you, pushed you beyond your limits, was because I believe in you!"

"I believe in spirit, intelligence, and potential. And every time I talked about walking away was because I was scared! I didn't think I was any good to stand by you and call you brothers, and say to you that I love you!"

By the end, he was shedding tears. My eyes began to tear up as well. I never thought I'd die within the first month of ending up in New York city, no less alongside my best friend.

"If this is the end...then I'm happy that I'm going with the people I'll cherish to my grave. And that's all I've ever wanted."

I'd gotten so caught up in thought that I hadn't realized we already made impact with the ground, safe and sound.

"Raph?" Donnie said, "We made it."

"Are you crying?" Mikey asked as Raph turned away.

"No, Ding-Dong," He denied, "It's just a little dusty, out here." The blue aura said it all for me. I was still a little worked up, but how could I not be?

I feel you, Raph...I feel you.