Old Fears

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes,
one of his great surprises,
is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
- Henry Ford

Katie's eyes snapped open, and she sat up trying to calm her breathing. Her nightmares had shifted since Oliver disappeared. It's been nearly a week and they were nowhere near closer to finding him. Her attempts to use her powers were no help either. Since that thing she did with the bomb, it's like it just doesn't work anymore. It was why she finally called Zatanna. She needed to understand these powers, because at this point, they're the only hope she has in finding Oliver. She glanced over to the clock and sighed.

A whole two hours of sleep. It was the longest she'd gotten since Oliver was taken. She stood to get out of bed and looked around the room. Since Oliver was taken, she hadn't left the bunker. She wanted to be close in case there was news. That also meant that she would let Robyn stay with Lyla and JJ at ARGUS. Right now, she just needed to focus on finding Oliver. After getting dressed, she came out of the room to the the bunker to find it empty. It was late and the team was running themselves ragged trying to find Oliver. She knew they wouldn't be gone long. Katie walked through the bunker, her eyes staring at the mannequin that usually held the Green Arrow suit and she let out a deep breath. She turned at the sound of the elevator and when she walked over she stopped at the sight of Zatanna.

"Good, you're here. We need to start now."

Zatanna walked over to Katie, giving the woman a once over, and noting the woman's tired eyes and slight bruise along her face.

"Start what exactly?"

"You're here to teach me how to use my powers and you need to start now. I need to find Oliver." but then she got a sudden idea. "Wait, can you find him?" a glimmer of hope ignited inside of Katie at the possibility.

"Maybe you should sit down."

"I don't want to sit down, I need to find Oliver? Can you help me or not?!" the lights flickers and Zatanna lifted her eyes before looking back down to Katie.

"Fine, yes, I can help you find Oliver, but if I do it, it may take a bit longer to get the link to him. If anyone could find Oliver, it's you, but definitely not like this."

Katie looked at the woman in confusion. "Like what?"

"Well for one you're a mess. Using your powers like this is a sure fire way to blow something or someone up." Zatanna walked over to Katie. "You want to find your husband, you need to first center yourself." Katie scoffed as she turned away. "You want to know why you bleed when you use them?" Katie turned back to her. "It's because you've been trained to fire guns and throw knives and you try to treat these powers as just another weapon, but it's not." Zatanna lifted her hand and muttered a few latin words before ball of light appeared above her palm. "It's hurting you because you've treated it like it was something that you could do instead of something that is a part of you. The key to using your powers Katherine is finally realizing that your powers are apart of you...are an extension of you." Katie's eyes were on the ball of light before looking up to the woman. When the elevator open again, they both turned to see Constantine. "I thought I told you I didn't need you here."

"And I thought I told you that you did." Constantine ignored the glare on the woman's face as he smiled at Katie. "So I hear the hubby is missing and you need help to find him." Katie just nods. "Well, I should tell you it's not going to be easy and it's not going to be quick." he looked over the woman. "From the looks of it, we have a lot of work ahead of us." he looks over to Zatanna. "When do we start?"

"Now." Katie replied before nudging her head. "We start now. On the roof, follow me." she turned and stalked away.

"I feel like we're going to need a miracle here." Zatanna sighed turning to Constantine. "She's nowhere near ready to get a handle on this. There's too much fear and anger blocking her."