We Lost Him (Rewritten)

The iconic group all giggled at their own silliness as they made their way over to their lunch hangout. Matt and Edd had agreed to take a longer route, seeing as how much the four of them had a great time together like the old days. It's been years since they've all gotten along in the same room.

While they all talked, Edd ruffled Tom's horribly spiked up hair, and in response Tom swatted his friends hand away. Hurriedly, both hands were rushed to his head to fix up whatever had been played with.

"Ey, ey, don't fuck up steve..." Tom said, fixing his hair.

"Steve?" Edd chortled.

"What? You don't name your hair?" Tom asked as if they were the strange ones. Pfft, weirdos. If you loved your hair so much you should name it.

"Ugh, what's taking so longggg..." Tom threw his head back in complaint. His legs were already aching, and all he wanted was the comfort of his bed, or the delicate grum that would be in his mouth in just a moment.

"Just a few more minutes. Plus, we could all use the workout." Edd replied to Tom's sloth behavioral with an opposing cheerful one.

"Hey, where are we gonna eat at anyway? I was thinking a sandwich place..." Matt hummed in delight as he began to eye nearby stores they walked passed. Odds are, Matt wouldn't take no for an answer. Once his mind was set on something, he was sure to go through with it.

"Oh! We can go to that one restaurant! Me and Tord used to go all the time back in collage. Well, when I was in collage. Right Tord?"

No response.

Edd turned around. "Tord?"

He was gone.

For a moment Tom had been dismayed by the sudden disappearance, but it quickly turned into post-precognition. He should have known that he would have done some stupid ass shit like this and suddenly run off.

The Brit mumbled something under his breath harshly as he looked down and kicked a rock.

Edd pulled out his phone and dialed Tords number.

...

...

...

...

"Pick up.."

...

...

Your call has—

In frustration, Edd had hung up before the ai woman on the phone could finish her worldly ritual.

"Let's just go find him. I'll go uh... over to that store, Matt you go over there, and Tom, you go back to see if he ran behind us."

He could easily say no, but he'd rather not have Edd on his ass about how childish he's being. Tom raised his hood over his head, shielding himself from the bright sun. He grabbed his phone from his pocket, hesitating before reluctantly dialing Tord's phone number, knowing full well that he would likely go unanswered if he didn't answer Edd.

After a few seconds of waiting, his expectations were met, and he was greeted with nothing but silence. Tom let out a frustrated sigh, tucking his phone back into his pocket. He began to walk away from the rest of the group.

While walking, the beauty of his surroundings were a gentle distraction to block away that this evening had been ruined. It's been a while since he went out. The sun rays kissed the green grass with such beauty, you'd think that you were dreaming.

He inhaled, and his lungs took in something that was finally not his own agony. It was refreshing, it was nice. His body took in the warmth as kind as a mother.