Chapter 5: For The Pridelands

Kion groaned and opened his eyes. He leaned up and saw his mom, dad, sister, and Kovu.

"H-Hello?" Kion whispered quietly. Kiara turned around and ran up to her brother, "Kion!"

Kion groaned again. "How do you feel?" Nala asked. "I'm not sure," Kion replied. He rubbed his head.

"Just take it easy. Then you'll be ready for the marriage," Simba said walking up. Kion sighed. Zuri was only a friend to him, "Dad, why do I have to do this? Zuri is only my friend," Kion stated.

"Kion, there was a prophecy about how two hearts will be intertwined to bring peace and happiness for good. And I see how close you are with Zuri-" Kion cut Simba off, "I'm close with Tiifu too! What do you want me to have two mates now?" Kion asked sarcastically.

"You are more fond of Zuri," Simba explained. "I like them both equally...AS FRIENDS!" Kion stated firmly.

"Kion, this is for the Pridelands."

"But I saved a whole kingdom! Shouldn't I have a say in who I become mates with?" Kion raised an eyebrow.

Simba looked at Nala, "Yes Kion, but that was also a prophecy. You can't rewrite what they are supposed to be."

"And why not?" Kion asked sarcastically.

"Becausd it's out of our control!" Simba roared. Kion's ears started ringing, and he head was spinning. "Ahgh!" He groaned and grabbed his head.

Nala felt his head, "Kion, you have a fever."

Kion groaned. "Don't worry, all we need is some catmint and you'll be fine for the betrothel," Nala explained.

"Kion, I don't like the idea of you being betrothed, but...if it's what the Great Kings wanted, I would suggest you listen to them," Kiara said, in a slightly sad tone.

Kion looked at her. "For the Pridelands?" Kiara asked. Kion sighed and smiled lightly, "For the Pridelands."

"Asante Kion, thank you," Simba nuzzled his son. Kion groaned again and his head fell back. His ears started ringing again.

Kion opened his eyes, but he wasn't in Priderock anymore. He was in a dark plain. Clouds filled the sky, the grass was almost a gray color. The lake was black, and there wasn't any prey anywhere.

Kion figured this much be a dream, but it wasn't, it was a nightmare.

Kion looked around confused.

"Habari (Hi) Kion. Welcome to the Deadlands," a menacing voice said. Kion whipped his head around and saw Scar.

Scar smirked, "I see that scar hasn't turned you evil, guess i'll have to do that myself."

"What no! I'm a god! I save animals!" Kion growled. "Oh you'll still be a god...just the God of evil," Scar slashed his claws against Kion's face...

To Be Continued....